Rosemary’s Papazian Delirium Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't brewed that beer, but I do occasionally brew a lemon-rosemary blonde ale that's pretty good.

Is .05oz rosemary for dry hopping sound ok?
I put the rosemary on my beer to steep for 20-30 minutes before I chill it so I can't directly answer your question.
I'd recommend starting with a small amount and take a sample to taste after a few days, then add more if not to your taste.

IMG_0344.jpg

Looking good so far!

I did a batch with 1/2 oz last year that was pretty tasty...I had success adding dry hops and rosemary in the keg, then racked to a new keg after about 4 days, rather than the week he recommended.

Ok so I pulled a sample and not bad! If my math is correct I came in a good bit higher on the abv.

OG was 1.066
FG as if today 1.029 using my refractometer and a cal I get 7.4% which is a bonus! Can’t wait too dry hop!

I ended up mashing until my OG hit 1.066. Playing with my new refractometer. Any idea how I ended up a full point higher in ABV? I mashed for about 90 mins trying to hit the OG.

Last edited:
Ok so I pulled a sample and not bad! If my math is correct I came in a good bit higher on the abv.
OG was 1.066
FG as if today 1.029 using my refractometer and a cal I get 7.4% which is a bonus! Can’t wait too dry hop!
From 1.066 to 1.029 should only be around 5%.

Sorry, I posted the FG on my refractometer was 1.029 before using the calculator to adjust for alcohol. The corrected FG using the calculator was actually 1.011.

Last edited:
Been looking for an answer on this but not sure, can I just throw the rosemary in the primary for dry hopping? Should I soak in Vodka for 24hrs?

Last edited:
IMG_0439.jpg

Pulled a sample at 20 days to start the dry hop additions and boy is she gonna be clear! Have not even cold crashed yet. May not even bother on this one.

Damn this is good! I kegged this 3 days ago. Judging by the traffic in this thread I’m the only one that will know, lol.

Really well balanced and love the slight Rosemary aroma. This was a fancy hop bill for me. Anyway, I only dry hoped for 5 days and cold crashed for 24 hrs. Best beer I have made by far!

IMG_0511.jpg

Man this beer is good! Keg will be lucky to make it two weeks. I’d compare this to a Lagunitas or something. It has a slight bitterness that finishes up in the sweet side. I’m wondering if the slight sweetness is coming from the Agave syrup.

Back