Rocky Mountain Brew Fest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn...wish I was there! Sounds like a good price and some pretty good local breweries there too, huh?

Maybe next year? :D

*crosses fingers for PCS orders to go through*

I'll tell my dad about it, he lives in Broomfield. He's more of a wine guy, but he's been more than happy to drink my homebrews from time to time.

Dude said:
Damn...wish I was there! Sounds like a good price and some pretty good local breweries there too, huh?

Maybe next year? :D

*crosses fingers for PCS orders to go through*
That would be cool. You will have to check it out if you do end up here. Estes Park is a really cool place. It is in the mountains and next to Rocky Mountain National Park. They have some cabins along the river you can rent. It would make for a fun few days.

I wish I could be there. We go to RMNP every year. I'm very familiar with the Estes Park Brewery. I'm a fan of their Stinger Honey Wheat. It looks like a fun time. For anyone going there looking for a place to stay, I'd suggest checking out McGregor Mountain Lodge.

--Aaron:mug:

Aaron said:
I wish I could be there. We go to RMNP every year. I'm very familiar with the Estes Park Brewery. I'm a fan of their Stinger Honey Wheat. It looks like a fun time. For anyone going there looking for a place to stay, I'd suggest checking out McGregor Mountain Lodge.

My wife and I have stayed there a few times and we love it. it is just a tick up the road from Estes Park and their is a stream running next to a lot of the cabins. We have seen Elk wondering through the property so close you could almst touch them. I would highly recommend McGregor Mountain Lodge. (If you can get a reservation).

RichBrewer said:
My wife and I have stayed there a few times and we love it. it is just a tick up the road from Estes Park and their is a stream running next to a lot of the cabins. We have seen Elk wondering through the property so close you could almst touch them. I would highly recommend McGregor Mountain Lodge. (If you can get a reservation).

I almost got attacked by an elk at the YMCA lodge there. I learned a lot about violating personal space on that day!

Also, who can name what Estes Park is famous for?

blues and brews is awesome, but expensive. i don't think one person could try all the beers in the three hour time limit and make it back to the tent, which is the sign of a good festival. plus its absolutely beautiful and theres good music going on.

richbrewer- won't make it to that one, but i work festivals all around colorado alot, especially in the summer time when the brewery often has 3-4 going on the same weekend, so i'll let you know the next one i'll be working. buy you a beer or something?

drengel said:
blues and brews is awesome, but expensive. i don't think one person could try all the beers in the three hour time limit and make it back to the tent, which is the sign of a good festival. plus its absolutely beautiful and theres good music going on.

richbrewer- won't make it to that one, but i work festivals all around colorado alot, especially in the summer time when the brewery often has 3-4 going on the same weekend, so i'll let you know the next one i'll be working. buy you a beer or something?
Cool and I'll return the favor! :mug:

God Emporer BillyBrew said:
Also, who can name what Estes Park is famous for?
You're probably talking about the Stanley Hotel in "The Shining". The Stanley Hotel was also used to film many scenes from the movie "Dumb and Dumber".

Estes Park is also famous for being home to F.O. Stanley, and Enos Mills. And the Lawn Lake dam failure that flooded Estes Park (3-4ft of water, and nearly 2ft of mud left behind in homes and businesses). I'll stop with my nerdy Estes Park info now.

ahh i posted that in the wrong thread, no wonder i couldn't find the post to quote it. wierd that there would be two threads baout estes park...my parents honeymonned in that hotel.

Aaron said:
You're probably talking about the Stanley Hotel in "The Shining". The Stanley Hotel was also used to film many scenes from the movie "Dumb and Dumber".

Estes Park is also famous for being home to F.O. Stanley, and Enos Mills. And the Lawn Lake dam failure that flooded Estes Park (3-4ft of water, and nearly 2ft of mud left behind in homes and businesses). I'll stop with my nerdy Estes Park info now.

I was going for the shining, but thanks for exposing your nerd-like knowledge.

Back