Robbed!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

methane

Reaction score
There was my car, sitting in my driveway overnight. Dammit! I should have locked it. Someone must have come by in the middle of the night, seen the easy target and stole my MP3 player and GPS (which was in the glove box).
Things could be worse, I suppose, but damn am I pissed!
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thank god for homeowners insurance! You can recover if you have homeowners or renters insurance. Personally Id get a 25 buck camera and bait the car.

If I ever win the lottery I'm going to bait those bastards. I'd be nice to bash one of them in the head with a fing baseball bat. I have an old POS truck that sits behind my house on the alley with a broken window for the last 2 years. Those a#$holes go through it at least once a week looking for whatever they can find. There's never been anything worth stealing in it. Get a f*&^ing job and leave my s*&T alone!!!!!!!!!!

Thank god for homeowners insurance! You can recover if you have homeowners or renters insurance. Personally Id get a 25 buck camera and bait the car.

I would be surprised if they cover an unlocked car. Besides it probably isn't worth reporting after you pay the deductible.

The back window of my truck was down just enough that two 16 yr old punks were able to stick their skinny snake arms in and unlock it last week. They took my XM radio, couple pocket knives, and (this is the kicker)... my PRESCRIPTION sunglasses! The scuz was caught by another homeowner after they broke into 18 vehicles that night. I got all my stuff back EXCEPT the pair of $500 prescription sunglasses. Home insurance deductible is $500. The sun is very bright. Life sucks.

my homeowners ins deductable is 500, and so is my car damage insurance, but the theft deductable was only $100. i had the doors stolen off of my jeep and i only paid $100 for the new ones

Yeah. The whole situation sucks. I hadn't considered using my Homeowners to try to cover it. But my brother said he was down at the beach (Carolina Beach) and he was watching a kid go down the street from car to car looking for ****. And everytime a car came by he'd run and hide. My Brother said the kid was gone before he could do anything about it though.
It seems to be on the rise. Or maybe it's just always been there and this is making me pay attention.

that sucks man. someone stole a pair of rugby cleats out the back of my truck a couple months ago. i bet they don't even wear the same size as me. some people just steal to steal. pathetic

Had a similar thing happen the first time I left my truck out of the garage. Forgot to lock it. But, I keep little more than what was in it when I bought it.

Lil' scrappers (assumed) took a tupperware of change and the key to my spare tire lock. ********goddamncrap! Had to call a locksmith to get the plug lock taken out to access my spare.

That was a few years ago, and I still haven't had a flat.

I caught a couple of kids checking out all the cars in the parking lot of my building late one night. Their reaction when I yelled out the window at them was priceless - the one kid tried to turn and run, tripped over the bumper of my girlfriend's truck and ended up doing a faceplant into the hedge. He was limping pretty bad when got up and took off down the street. I think it taught them that when the motion detector light comes on, someone might just be watching.

Before we bought our house we had our jeep broken into in the apt parking lot, took the stock stereo, honestly who steals that? then they took everything else in the jeep and scattered it all over the parking lot. I now park in my garage nightly, and keep my 45 loaded and waiting for some ****er to break in, they should set the little bastards on fire for stealing!

Yeah, because a GPS is worth doing prison time for.

No, but shooting the guy whos been in your **** is....

not really but it would at least be somewhat funny if he didnt get hurt too bad...maybe a glance shot off the hip or somthing...

Gun isn't going to help much when you are asleep inside and the bad guys are outside running off with your loot.

The back window of my truck was down just enough that two 16 yr old punks were able to stick their skinny snake arms in and unlock it last week. They took my XM radio, couple pocket knives, and (this is the kicker)... my PRESCRIPTION sunglasses! The scuz was caught by another homeowner after they broke into 18 vehicles that night. I got all my stuff back EXCEPT the pair of $500 prescription sunglasses. Home insurance deductible is $500. The sun is very bright. Life sucks.

I had my car broken into a few years back. They took my ipod and prescription glasses - not even sunglasses, just glasses so I can see when I drive. Cops chased those dudes through the woods as they chucked everything as they fled. Got the Ipod back 3 months after since it was held as evidence (why they couldn't take a picture or some BS, I don't know) but never the glasses.

Gun isn't going to help much when you are asleep inside and the bad guys are outside running off with your loot.

I had my car broken into a few years back. They took my ipod and prescription glasses - not even sunglasses, just glasses so I can see when I drive. Cops chased those dudes through the woods as they chucked everything as they fled. Got the Ipod back 3 months after since it was held as evidence (why they couldn't take a picture or some BS, I don't know) but never the glasses.

I also have an alarm system so I could save 15 or 205 on my HMI

I would be surprised if they cover an unlocked car. Besides it probably isn't worth reporting after you pay the deductible.

You'd tell them you left the car unlocked? Regardless, I think they cover it.

One night I had my stereo, CD's, ashtray change, spare key that was in the center console (had just had it made that day, forgot to bring it inside), and $5 guitar tuner stolen. The funny thing was that they left my acoustic bass guitar. I can only imagine them going "What a cheap guitar, it only has 4 strings!" :p

I saw the police report, listed on it was "Ashtray change: <$1"

Sorry to hear that happened to you though! Always sucks.

I left my car unlocked (stupidly) 7 or 8 years ago and got ripped off. They stole the crappy 25 dollar cassette deck stereo and the equally crappy 15 collar CD player that I had connected to it with one of those cassette adapters. They didn't bother to lift up the t-shirt in the back seat covering the $300 digital camera. I lock my doors every time after that and never leave anything worth taking in the car unless it's well hidden. And by well hidden, I don't mean covered by a shirt. I'm talking in the cargo compartment under the floor in the back with the spare tire.

I parked my car at my aunt's place who lived near the stadium when Pink Floyd was playing. I was afraid my stereo would get stolen in the public parking. They stole the stereo from her driveway and got all my Floyd CDs. I saw one of the best concerts of my life and no longer had any CDs from the band.

I just paid $300 to have a new lock on my truck. Some incompetent couldn't even break in properly - he just broke the lock so I couldn't open the drivers side door. Damn I wish he had stolen the whole damn truck - POS doesn't even have a working A/C.

If I ever win the lottery I'm going to bait those bastards. I'd be nice to bash one of them in the head with a fing baseball bat. QUOTE]

I think you might want to do this before you are rich since in these times said thief will be able to sue you for everything you have and win.

Pay back can be a btich though, I used to own an 85 Chevy Caprice Police Package. My daily driver. I go outside at 6am to go to work, and in my parking spot at the apartement complex is a pile of broken glass from the rear quarter window the prick broke to steal my ride (to work). I call the cops (phoenix metro) and they say "vehicles of that type are not usually recovered, but we will do our best". Apparently Caprices are used to move illegals via the big trunk. Two hours later i am literally test driving a new ride when the Tempe Police call me to tell me they found my car, oh, and bring some tools. The dude that stole my car shorted out the horn wire in his hotwire attempt, so on hisway to the 101 Southbound, the horn started going off and he ditched my ride. When I got to the scene, the horn was still going...:) Fu*kin car was posessed...

+1 on having the stock stereo stolen. What loser steals the frickin' stock stereo?!? Oh and another +1 for having my prescription sunglasses stolen. They were even slightly broken! WTF?!?! Addled drug addicts...

Every car I've ever own or used has had the stereo stolen. It started with my boombox stolen from my parent's Chevy Malibu station wagon while me and my friends were seeing the Eurythmics (circa 1986). Last week my wife's car stereo was stolen out of the college parking lot. That's the car that had the stock stereo stolen, so now it's been hit twice!

FWIW my insurer (Farmers) said they don't cover anything that's attached or that belongs in the car (e.g. the stereo). They would cover CDs, etc. Apparently it wouldn't have mattered if the car was in the driveway or on the street.

Back