Vermont Roadtrip to Burlington, need advices!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krown

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I am spending the week-end in Burlington VT with my gf (we are from Montreal). To my great sadness, the alchemist are currently out of heady topper :(. I had planned to stop by to buy a few 4 packs but I will instead stop at the "beverage warehouse" to buy a few different beers to bring back, mostly IPAs.

Is there any beer that you would recommend me to try to get a hand on beside heady and lawson's? I like every kind of IPA's from NEIPAs to Westcoast hop bombs.

Additionally, is there one microbrewery that you would recommend for ambiance and quality of the beers for a few pints and maybe diner (optional).

Thanks, your input will be highly appreciated!

:mug:

Every time I have been to Burlington, Heady has been pretty easy to track down. You may not find it in four packs but you shouldn't have any trouble knocking a few back while you are there.
I like Duino Duende for food, drinks and vibes if you are going to stay in the Burlington area.
My recommendation though would be to drive to Waterbury and check out the Black Back Pub for dinner and beers. Prohibition Pig is across the street from there as well and there is a great bottle shop/homebrew shop across from Pro Pig.

Our hotel is in Burlington so will spend our Saturday evening in that area so we can have more pints. But we will consider visiting stowe and have diner at the black back pub on Sunday before coming back.

Thanks for the advices!

If you can't land Alchemist (not as great as it used to be IMO) or Lawson's, and you don't want to make the trip up to Hill Farmstead, a brewery that is very underappreciated is Frost Beer works. I picked some up the last time I was in Burlington and was really impressed.

Vermont pub and brewery, fiddlehead, magic hat, Von trappe, hill farmstead, alchemist, citizen cider, there are tons of places to visit. Just type brewery into google maps.

And alchemist shows heady as in stock, It's honestly not been that hard to find lately.

I've heard great things about Foam Brewers, which is in Burlington. Never been there myself, but the reviews seem to be solid. Thinking of checking it out on my next trip.

Vermont pub and brewery, fiddlehead, magic hat, Von trappe, hill farmstead, alchemist, citizen cider, there are tons of places to visit. Just type brewery into google maps.

And alchemist shows heady as in stock, It's honestly not been that hard to find lately.

I'd second HF and Fiddlehead. Foley Brothers is pretty good too.

Burlington beer company has awesome beer, rock art, von trapp and alchemist in waterbury/Holliston area, four quarters, good water, fiddlehead, idletyme, 14th star, magic hat has pilot system, foam is great, Vermont pub, vermont taproom, zero gravity, queen city right across the street

Thank you all for your replies.

I managed to put my hand on both heady and sip of sunshine at my first stop at brevage warehouse. I also picked up frost DIPA at the clerks suggestion. I can't wait to try it, probably tomorrow while bottling my latest Pale Ale batch.

We visited, magic hat, foam brewers and american flatbread (which serve zero gravities beers). All great places althought I didn't enjoy magic hat beers as much as the others.

I will definitely be planning a trip this summer to visit farmstead.

Next weekend I am heading to Portland ME with a bunch of friend of mine to visit as much breweries possible!

I haven't been to Burlington in years. Beer aside, if it's still there and you want a great sandwich try The Red Onion. Well worth it despite a long wait.

Good to know, one more place on my list of place to visit when I will go back this summer!

Back