RO water system with alkaline filter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

osprey12

Reaction score
Has anyone used one of these for brewing? I've been tinkering with brewing for about a year now and decided to get serious about it. I recently bought a RO water system that has a 6th and final stage that adds magnesium and calcium carbonate back in for flavor to use for household drinking water.

Will this work good for brewing or should I have got just the plain RO system? The water tastes great and I know it's hard to give an exact answer without knowing exactly what is the output of the system but was hoping someone has experience using one, as I would think that water would be very similar at the output of these systems no matter where they are in use.

I am only planning on making IPAs or Pale ales. Again, the water tastes great so can I go with the old adage that if the water tastes fine it will make good beer or does anyone know or have experience that the 6th stage alkaline filter will make a detrimental change to the flavor?

This is the system I have. http://a.co/g6Uv4mn

Thanks everyone!

Latest posts

Back