RIP Don Rickles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonM

Reaction score
I've just been giggling to myself all morning as these tributes pour in and as old interviews are played. They keep repeating the best zingers: "Hey, Frank - make yourself at home. Hit somebody." Or how he had carte blanche to insult the wise guys in Sinatra's entourage. Anyone else would get punched in the face, but Rickles would insult the guys and they'd look over like "Was that funny Frank? Oh, okay. Good one Mr. Rickles."

He was one of the true greats. He will be missed.

Amen.

Feel like an ass, i tried to get to see him live for a long time, but his schedule was all over the place geographically and he often sold out. My loss. Between him and chuck berry i really blew it this year.

Mr Warmth.
RIP

Another one: Jon Stewart had a guy with a great big hipster beard on the Daily Show crew. Rickles walked past that guy and said "Pleasant afternoon, Rabbi."

Many years ago Dean Martin did a series of celebrity roasts that were one hour long, except for the Don Rickles roast which went two hours; even that seemed way too short.

Spike is re-running their all-star tribute to Don Rickles tonight. Set that DVR, folks.

Back