RIMS Brew Cart coming along.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellinmi88

Reaction score
Using three way SS ball valves. SS sheet metal with full extension cabinet draw hardware to slide out the pump.

image-3014496598.jpg

image-3346646541.jpg

image-234939210.jpg

Looks like it will be a pain in the ass to get the mash tun out to dump the grain. I'm guessing you're planning on shop vac and CIP?

snackson said:
That sir is a thing of beauty! Where did you get the cart from?

The cart came from theshelvingstore.com or something like that. They sell the black liner you see on the picture also.

Shop Vac makes easy work of cleaning out spent grain.

That is a printed mock up, somewhat to scale though. The enclosure was made of cardboard based on the consolet I purchased for the controls.

I got the consolet from automationdirect.com

How did you print the placards on your control box? Did you screen them yourself?

The face panel is actually engraved anodized aluminum. I saw an ad here on HBT for Front Panel Express. They have a software application to download and design the panel as well as a pricing utility built right in. Plan on seeing a lot of them on our stands in the future.

Update: I have the components for the control panel and have a few questions regarding Timer and switches. I am debating whether to use a timer and thought I would get some input.

My main reason for using it is that Kal has the wiring schematics already done which makes it much easier for a novice electrical DIYer to do.

Thoughts? My control panel box has limited real estate as well.

image-1701203175.jpg

image-153276857.jpg

image-1240508405.jpg

image-3986128183.jpg

In order to conserve space in the enclosure, make sure you put your heatsinks on the outside. You are probably going to want to put your receptacles on that panel too, so be careful with your layout. RTD connections can be on either any side, even the bottom. I see DIN rail components too. Nice. That will help with the wiring.

Check out a build from OhioEd. I think his is based on a similarly shaped control panel.

The enclosure I posted in this thread had very little room inside. I can tell you just looking at the number of components you have that you are going to want a separate enclosure for all the relays and such.

A lot of places in the US don't ship to Canada, or they ship via UPS which ends up costs a lot of money due to import duties and fees. Only if a place ships via USPS is it worth it.

That stand is looking very good.
What do you do with your grist after in the shop vac? I have been dumping my MT into a garbage bag which is a PITA at times and if a shop vac does a good job I might give it a try. but then I have another item to clean out...

why do you have a valve on each side of your pump? you can't restrict input without chancing damaging your pump, just curious.

They are three way valves which allow me to have two input sources. I buy shop Vac bags which catch the grist.

Back