Rex C-100 Programing Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HookeD-18

Reaction score
Recently bought PID (Rex c-100). Got it all wired up and working but am having a minor problem with the programing. Got 3 different owners manual off the internet because it came with a Chinese instruction manual. There are some differences in the manuals and I cant be sure what to do. When I first hooked it up, I played around with it some and was able to do things like change the Lock code to 0000 and change the Temp in the SV window. Originally I was able to access the Mode screen and check out the settings for the SL1-SLwhatever. However, now I want to go in and change SL2 in order to get temps in Fahrenheit and I can no longer get to the Mode screen. Doing everything like I did before. (Holding the set and shift arrow at the same time for many seconds) Have I inadvertently done something. Has anyone else had this come up. I can live with Centigrade but would rather change.

Recently bought PID (Rex c-100). Got it all wired up and working but am having a minor problem with the programing. Got 3 different owners manual off the internet because it came with a Chinese instruction manual. There are some differences in the manuals and I cant be sure what to do. When I first hooked it up, I played around with it some and was able to do things like change the Lock code to 0000 and change the Temp in the SV window. Originally I was able to access the Mode screen and check out the settings for the SL1-SLwhatever. However, now I want to go in and change SL2 in order to get temps in Fahrenheit and I can no longer get to the Mode screen. Doing everything like I did before. (Holding the set and shift arrow at the same time for many seconds) Have I inadvertently done something. Has anyone else had this come up. I can live with Centigrade but would rather change.
were did you get the impression the rexc100 displays Fahrenheit?? If it does now thats new because it never did before? I own one but only used it for Celsius and and only as a temp readout display.
the MYpin TD4 is hands down a better functioning unit with F readout and manual mode but its twice the price at a whopping $27 with shipping from the states

These are another great choice and are identical to the base model auber pids with the same menus and functions (better directions).

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...ature-Controller-XMT612/209587_598878204.html

Thanks for the feedback. All 3 of the manuals posted on line show that both Fahrenheit and Centigrade can be set on this unit. They may be in error but that is how I arrived at that conclusion. Went ahead and ordered 2 of the Mypin units you referred to. Thanks again.

Back