Releasing huge amounts of alcohol

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dstockwell

Reaction score
:) They need to somehow harvest this stuff..

Comet Lovejoy appears to be a well-stocked bar in space

If you are looking for a good time, it might be worth stopping by Comet Lovejoy.

That’s because the famous comet is releasing huge amounts of alcohol as well as a type of sugar in space, according to NASA. This marks the first time that ethyl alcohol, the same type found in alcoholic beverages, has been observed in a comet.

"We found that comet Lovejoy was releasing as much alcohol as in at least 500 bottles of wine every second during its peak activity," Nicolas Biver of the Paris Observatory, France and the lead author of a paper on the discovery published in Science Advances, said in astatement.

FOX

Hey all you chemists: Is it possible for ethyl alcohol to form in nature without the process of fermentation from a living organism?

Of course we'll have cup holders. Who would make a trip that far without cup holders?

And speaking of cups, we'll pack a shvt ton of the red ones!

Already working on it...

bruce_2428520b.jpg

I mean, I would never want to turn this into a serious thread or anything, but seriously. This could be a pretty big, dare I say huge, development if those things can't be created without some kind of living organism present.

Somebody on this voyage should know some chemistry. I'd would be great to have some medical knowledge as well.

Maybe we can just pick up a cheap, pre-owned, multi-purpose android?

Somebody on this voyage should know some chemistry. I'd would be great to have some medical knowledge as well.

Maybe we can just pick up a cheap, pre-owned, multi-purpose android?

Maybe we can get Six, from Tripping The Rift. I don't think she has real medical knowledge, but she certainly knows a lot about the human body.

six.jpg

Latest posts

Back