Regulator Losing CO2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bradyj23

Reaction score
I just bought a new Cornelius 2ndary regulator. I connected it to my regulator and it worked fine for a couple of weeks. It then decided to blow CO2 out the pressure relief valve (it was at 20 psi). I took it apart and reinstalled it. I left my tank with everything together on my work bench to pressure test it for leaks. After 5 days (didn't have time to put it back in the fridge) it started blowing CO2 out again. I hadn't touched it. While trouble shooting I also noted that it was blowing CO2 out of a hole on the front of the regulator. I tried backing the screw out the whole way, quite a ways in, tried reseating the pressure relief valve. Nothing fixed it this time. Any ideas/thoughts/help would be much appreciated. I have an email in to Cornelius but haven't heard back. Would like to get this fixed sooner rather than later. Thanks in advance.

It sounds like the diaphragm failed.
Probably started with a crack that developed into a tear.
You should be able to get a rebuild kit...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back