Refusing a free beer rant

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madscientist451

Reaction score
Miller's market share, like all mega-brews has been dropping in recent years, so they jack up prices to maintain profits and stock prices and wonder why sales drop again.
Now they want to give you a beer for free.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/miller-lite-free-beer-ad-campaign
Sorry Miller, I'm not "friending" you so I can then go through a bunch of BS and eventually get reimbursed for it later. They would have to quadruple the retail cost of a glass of beer for me to even think about doing all that. The bean-counters and Harvard MBA's will eventually figure out that the best way to gain market share is to compete with prices and quality. Don't hold your breath waiting for this to happen, its going to take a while.

so you're not going to unfollow them?

They would have to quadruple the retail cost of a glass of beer for me to even think about doing all that.

LOL, i already make all my own....quadrupling the price at the store would mean little to me....i drink ALL day for about the price of a postage stamp!

....quadrupling the price at the store would mean little to me....i drink ALL day for about the price of a postage stamp!
I think the free beer offer was for one at a bar or pub, so I suppose the reimbursed amount would be more than buying a beer at a store. But it still seems like too much to do to get a free (tasteless) beer.

Back