Recommendations for a pH meter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwing7486

Reaction score
anyone have any good recommendations for a pH meter? I am looking to invest in a reliable one to confirm my Brun' water estimated pH. I have seen many models ranging from $30 to $500 and wondered what will get the job done.

Man, I just don't really want to spend that much. I will just keep using the calculators to determine my mash pH until I can justify the cost.

Man, I just don't really want to spend that much. I will just keep using the calculators to determine my mash pH until I can justify the cost.

I understand. I would advise maybe trying out a package of test strips from a reliable online store, and then adjusting the readings according to Kai Troester's (Braukaiser?) experiments, which found the strips are fairly consistently off by .3 in one direction or the other. It's an interesting read in any case.

Braukaiser.com

I understand. I would advise maybe trying out a package of test strips from a reliable online store, and then adjusting the readings according to Kai Troester's (Braukaiser?) experiments, which found the strips are fairly consistently off by .3 in one direction or the other. It's an interesting read in any case.

Braukaiser.com

Awesome, thanks Homer!

Back