Recipe suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtg4772

Reaction score
I have 2 ounces of Northern Brewer and 2 ounces of Chinook hops.

Does anyone have any suggestions what I should brew with this? I'm thinking of an IPA or APA.

I was thinking 1/2 an ounce of chinook to dry hop or I may boil it all and go buy another ounce of centennial hops.

Any guidance or suggestions would be much appreciated.:mug:

Too little hops for a 5 gallon batch of IPA.

Go APA, but I highly recommend a full volume boil to maximize the 4 oz. of hops, among other things.

60/10/0 hop schedule
Dryhop optional, but preferred

Go get some more hops if you can.

Sounds like you could brew a heck of an old ale or barleywine if you wanted! I used those two in combination for an american barleywine I did last year and it came out fastastic after appropriate aging.

APA would be good too. For the pale I would suggest NB .5oz @60, .5oz @20 or 30 (depending on AAU), Chinook 1oz @10, 1oz @ knockout. Do get some more hops to dry hop with if you can.

Alright man! An APA it is! I'm already excited. Brewing is a lot of work, but I love the results. And, during the brew to aromas are so intoxicating! I'm already excited for Saturday!

Thanks fellas. :ban::rockin::D

Back