Recipe - does my water chemistry look right?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickyBeers

Reaction score
been having trouble with water chemistry and I’m trying to avoid using lactic acid. This current setup came out to 5.57ph on Brewfather. Does is look good for a Kolsch?
ADA0260D-A07B-41EC-A780-ED7AD41823C2.jpeg

5DAA4369-1F0D-46AD-89BC-A2BB9210C2DB.jpeg

What are the base ion numbers in your raw water? IMO there is no need for all that sulphate in a Kolsch.

That output isn't very helpful. You need to be assessing the concentrations of the various ions.

Regarding the sulfate, Koln water definitely does have a modest amount of sulfate in it and that is the reason that the modestly malty Kolsch is still crisp and dry finishing.

That output isn't very helpful. You need to be assessing the concentrations of the various ions.

Regarding the sulfate, Koln water definitely does have a modest amount of sulfate in it and that is the reason that the modestly malty Kolsch is still crisp and dry finishing.
Are you saying the recipe I sent isn’t helpful? Is there anything else I can provide to make it more detailed?

Sorry, I meant that the water information provided wasn't sufficient to tell what was going on.
With using all RO water does that help? I’m hoping it’s enough information to get some good feedback. That was dumb of me not to include my source water profile

Latest posts

Back