Recert Co2 tanks in York, Pa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doublesimcoe

Reaction score
Anybody know where I can get my tanks recertified? Also to get my nitrogen tank filled with beer gas?

Any welding shop should be able to take care of it. Most places here don't refill anyway, they exchange so you always have a certified tank. Is it different in PA?

Try Praxair in York.

I recently went to get my old 5 gallon tank re-certified and they just swapped it out for a new one and charged for re-certification of my old one. The new tank was a couple years in so they only charged half plus gas. This is common practice at most of your bigger gas places.

If you really want to keep your particular tank then be prepared to wait at least a week to get it back. In my case I got rid of a beat up old tank and got a shiny new one. This can go the other way also.

I just got one recertified at dressel welding supply on Roosevelt Ave for $20.

Was turned away from dressel since mine were not originally filled there. Was not very customer friendly in my opinion.

just had a 10 lb tank filled at hartman fire for $24. may seem steep, but at least i got 10 lbs, unlike having it "filled" at henry's beverage for $18. Their 10 lb fills are actually about 3 lbs...never going back. Hartman will re-certify too...not sure of the cost.

hartman sends it out...so take it early in the week...(but they had my tank back to me in 24 hours this week)...guess it just depends on the week.

for beergas, your only option is praxair. i've exchanged 2 tanks there and they were both around $30 for a 20 cu ft (5 lb tank). Although the last time I went...they tried to charge me like $80! let me know what they are charging these days.

i originally emailed dressel asking them if they sent tanks out for a hydro test. The guy said yes but it would take a few weeks. He told me instead of doing that bring it in and they would give me a full tank for the price of the gas and hydro. The reps name was mark skeehan. I took my tank there and they gave me a hard time since it wasn't one of there tanks. I told the guy that I spoke to Mark Skeehan and he changed his tune real quick and out the door I went with a full tank and good hydro date. They charge $2/lb and 20 for test. Another option is go to the lhbs and they might fill it on the spot. It was done once before for me.

Went to praxair and got 2 co2 and 1 beer gas Blend for $60 and no charge for a recert fee.

Back