Quickly connecting/disconnecting CO2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashopis

Reaction score
Hey gang.

Recently, I've been exploring using CO2 to push beer from my fermenter into my corny. It's a pain because I have to detach the CO2 tank fro my keezer to use it and then re-attach it after. This involves slicing the tubing to get it off the keezer barb. I'd like a quick and easy way to disconnect the CO2 from the keezer to use for pressure transfer and then re-attach after. Does anyone have any ideas of ways to mod the tubing with some kind of connectors to do this?

Thank you!

What you are looking for is a item called Quick Disconnects. Almost every Homebrew online retailer has them and most LHBS do to. They allow you to just disconnect the line and reconnect it.

Is the barb you are slicing the line from on a manifold? If so, get a manifold that has MFL fittings (flare) instead of a barb. Then you can just unscrew your line.

I use a carbonation cap and a regular gas QD.

Here's a photo with the QD circled in red.
Keezer QD.jpg

This allows for easily disconnecting the CO2 tank for other uses.

Carbonation cap
http://www.morebeer.com/products/carbonation-line-cleaning-ball-lock-cap-stainless.html

1610843180827.png

‘I’ve used some of these for years. I keep female w/ shutoff on the gauges, and disconnect & move to different tank when needed elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back