Quick question about Cider and Soda Water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayStizzo

Reaction score
Been thinking about adding the two to my arsenal for a bit more variety. I already have a multi-gauge regulator, so setting several different pressures is no issue, but what does everyone suggest for "set and forget" pressures for water/cider? After reading a few articles, I mainly find info about force carbing, but haven't found much on the "set and forget"

Thanks! :mug:

Edit: and I'm guessing if the PSI is crazy high, my 10' of hose may need lengthening

Just to clarify the terminology - force carbing includes both set and forget and burst methods, it just means you are forcing CO2 into solution with a CO2 source as opposed to naturally carbing with sugar and yeast. Bobby's sticky at the top of this forum explains it.

For set and forget you just need to decide what carb level you want, then use the carb chart to find the pressure you need at a given temp. So the real question is what carb level you want your cider and soda water to be. I have 8 taps but only 2 regulators, so I tend to serve my cider at the same 2.6 vols that I serve most of my beers. Commercial ciders might be more in the 3.0 range I'm guessing. I think most sodas are probably 3.5-4.0.

Back