Quick carb/hold carb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timschram

Reaction score
I need to carb two kegs in the next two weeks, but I don't have a splitter for my co2 and won't be able to get to my LHBS until after next weekend.

I am going to quick carb both of them over the next few days. Typically when I do this, I give the keg 30psi for 24 hours. Turn off co2, release, then turn on co2 at 10-12.

My question is, should I hit it with 30psi for 24 hours, release, hit it again at 12 and pull off the co2, or hit it with 30 and just turn off the co2 after 24 hours?

Any insight is appreciated!

With two five gallons corny's I will burst it at 40 - 50 psi for 24 hours.Turn the gas off for 24 hours and usually it it settle down to 15 - 20 psi. I will then bleed it off to 14 reading on my gauge. Then I will hook everything up on my tank at 10 - 12 pressure.

One note is that I will always do this in a cold refrigerator at the temp I am going to serve.

I should clarify: these will not be tapped until 7/15. So I wanted to quick carb them now and let them sit.

Back