Question about pin lock Corny kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a lead on some pin lock kegs for $30 each. Can I leave them as pin lock, and change out the lid so that it has a pressure relief valve just by changing the lid? I guess what I am asking is will a ball lock lid fit a pin lock keg???

I just did that myself and have been happy so far. I got five new lids for $14 a piece online.

Thanks guys. Just waiting to hear back from the guy that had them listed on Craigslist. If he still has them will pick up a couple.

They come with lids? I use pin locks as they are and have a little gas depresser to vent

url]

I have a lead on some pin lock kegs for $30 each. Can I leave them as pin lock, and change out the lid so that it has a pressure relief valve just by changing the lid? I guess what I am asking is will a ball lock lid fit a pin lock keg???

I wouldn't even bother changing out the lids, all of mine are pinlocks (I have a dozen) and the little plastic gas side depressor to release pressure is all you need, piece of cake to use.

I have one lid with a gas release on it, honestly it's not really any more convenient then then the plastic release.

I wouldn't bother...all of mine are pin lock and a few have the release...the ONLY time I have found the release to be an advantage is 1) When kegging my wine to relieve pressure after serving, and 2) when I have a carb stone connected to the gas dip tube.

I wouldn't bother...all of mine are pin lock and a few have the release...the ONLY time I have found the release to be an advantage is 1) When kegging my wine to relieve pressure after serving, and 2) when I have a carb stone connected to the gas dip tube.

And if you force carb , and if you need to purge the keg when first filling, and if you are using a bottle filler, and if you over carb, and...

... And basically, it's really nice to have manual PRVs.

Latest posts

Back