putting a tap directly on a corny

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reckoning

Reaction score
I have room for another corny in the fridge. I already have a tapper in the door and I don't really want to drill again. My question is this ... I have a tapper attachment that fits directly on the top of the corny without any intervening line. Will this work or will I have foamy beer. Seems like having 5-6' of beer line is important to avoid foam from the other keg. Anyone have one of these attachments?

you need the length of the serving line to balance the system. Id try is and see how bad it is. If you can't live with it - get a cobra tap. That's a pretty cheap alternative that will do basically what you want.

I've used them & they do make for foamy beer. Burp the keg before serving and use 1-2 psi of pressure. It will still foam, but not as bad. I have several party taps, one with the standard 4 feet of 1/4" and the rest I made with 6 ft. of 3/16". Kind of a pain to jamb the lines on the bigger connectors.

I'm using 3/16 ID hose and cobra tap for my kegs. Didn't want to drill and where its at, don't really have a need for dispenser. One thing about those cobra taps, they will leak after pouring. Just their nature. I'd also suggest popping the poppent off the keg when done drinking, there have been some stories about them actually getting loose and flooding the floors.

Back