Pump Fronts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ravenhook

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I collect the unusual in Breweriana and I recently obtained these pump fronts.
They are obviously Whitbread Tankard fronts but I have never seen this style before.
Can anyone here tell me anything about them please.
4_1.jpg

3_1.jpg

2_1.jpg

The mugs are pewter with soldered down lids, they have the hinds head and the 1742 date, the bases are textured plastic...I'm guessing from the 70's.
Any info greatly welcomed as I can find no info on line and they are going to grace my bar alongside my micro brewery.
Thank you.
Duncan.

Odd first post. Welcome to TB!! I know nothing of these or their origin although they are really
Cool looking. Maybe our resident Limey wanker tosh knows something?

Odd first post. Welcome to TB!! I know nothing of these or their origin although they are really
Cool looking. Maybe our resident Limey wanker tosh knows something?
I know they are cool looking, thats about all I know.

Tried sending Whitbread an email...no reply so far, was hoping that they had some archieves even though they are no longer in the brewing trade.

Have asked on twitter. One reply so far with not much info but I expect Ron or Martin will have more.

Edit: click the link/tweet for replies

Last edited:
Back