PT100 Sensor Help (mounting setup)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirilis

Lvl 10 Beer Nerd
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I want to install a probe into a half inch stainless T for monitoring temperatures during circulation. I found THIS probe on EBAY. I want to use it but im sure that the 50mm is way to long.

If I install this directly across from the valve side and put the drain to pump line on the bottom part of the T then will it be long enough?

I could probably use fittings or something but I dont want the probe to be measuring a cold pool that is filling up because of the flow of the system.

Is there a better chioce? I know Auber has a probe that fits in the bottom of the T and sets in perfect position, but its also like 30-35 bucks. I just bought a cheap MyPIN PID for now and i want to get this running.

If the 50mm is too long for the short-side (I don't think it is, unsure though) just put it on the long side of the T. If you remind me later tonight I can check for you, I have a 50mm probe lying around.

Forgive my potato.

So it's definitely too long for the side of the T, for some reason I was thinking the 2" length included the body as well, but that must not be so. The straight side is perfectly fine though. Even placing it up as if it threaded down completely, the probe is still in the nipple portion and not touching the valve.

OIiq0tH.jpg

OIiq0tH.jpg

And in my experiences, you can only expect to get a couple turns at most before it's seated, so you'll have plenty of room.

Back