psychedelic salvation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sanch

Reaction score
I am planing a "trip" in south east az and do a peyote walk to clear my head and prepare for the year to come. I have no experiance with this type of "meditation"and would like it to be a good experiance. the plan is to stop smoking 3weeks prior, juice fast for 5 days to clense myself and go solely vegitarian for the remaining time to prepair my body for the upcoming.any one ever tried this sort of thing ??

no beer for 30 days

this is my #1 new years resolution

I am planing a "trip" in south east az and do a peyote walk to clear my head and prepare for the year to come. I have no experiance with this type of "meditation"and would like it to be a good experiance. the plan is to stop smoking 3weeks prior, juice fast for 5 days to clense myself and go solely vegitarian for the remaining time to prepair my body for the upcoming.any one ever tried this sort of thing ??

no beer for 30 days

no ofense, but are you ****ing kidding me?

no beer for 30 days?
ive seen this happen before, im a doctor
if you dont drink beer
after3 days you will not be cool to hang around
after 5 days your liver will explode
6 days your brain will start to grow, and if your not dead you will have a stroke
7 days your dick falls off.

and go with vagitarian it tastes better

no beer for 30 days

Not with peyote, but shrooms which can be similarly shamanic, in fact I've done most everything that can be done, but my days of being a psychonaut are more or less over as it's just too much work nowadays. It takes up to 4 days just to sort the head out after something like that and just having a free weekend isn't enough.
If you've not had any experience with shrooms or acid or any strong psychoactives then I'd recommend a lot of research and definitely a sitter....most preferably someone schooled in the way of peyotism, they would help you to get the most out of the experience and also keep you safe. I've known people who've not been normal ever again after LSD...so be careful, it takes the drawers of your mind, shakes all the contents out on the floor and it can take you a long time to put those things back where they belong, and some of them once out on the floor can't ever be put back....be aware, stay safe.

i second what EoinMag said. i have "experimented" with psychotropics before and, like your mom says, drugs can be dangerous. i never tried peyote, but i do know that it is a VERY strong hallucinogen. if you've never experienced anything that intense, you definately need to have someone experienced that you trust with you. most likely, you will have a very "pleasant" experience. it really depends on your mindset going in to it. if you do start to "freak out", you need someone there to help you through it and guide you into a better place. otherwise, have fun and enjoy! be sure to let us know how it goes. i'm kinda jealous.

Yeah, I'd definitely second the recommendation for a sitter, and/or more than one tripper along for the ride. I never got to the organic stuff and only a few of the chemically induced variety. Much of your journey will depend on your mindset, so if you have undue stress in your life, or your head is in a bad place, best to reschedule.

The desert is a clean place, and very zen. Let it be the blank canvas, and your spirit be the paint.

Oh, and when you get back to Utah, don't tell the bishop what you've been up to. :)

Be aware of your surroundings and watch where you put your hands. Peyote grows alongside several nasty things which tend to become angry when disturbed.

I've shroomed quite a few times and done acid twice. I always seem to be able to roll with it and stay safe, not let myself be fooled by the hallucinations and whatnot, but I know many people who did not have the same experience. A "sitter" is a good recommendation. I wouldn't say I've ever had a revelation on psychedelics before, but that may also be how I interpret things.

Have fun and be safe!
:mug:

I am planing a "trip" in south east az and do a peyote walk to clear my head and prepare for the year to come.

And the characters just keep getting fu@%ing weirder. Sorry, gotta call BS. If you want to get fooked up, cool. But don't put this spiritual BS on it. I knew a guy from AZ. During the 60's, he used to take peyote enemas. He said it was too bitter even when mixed with honey.

have fun with the violent vomiting and sweats. you should do shrooms before you jump into peyote. :fro:

Yeah, I'd definitely second the recommendation for a sitter, and/or more than one tripper along for the ride. I never got to the organic stuff and only a few of the chemically induced variety. Much of your journey will depend on your mindset, so if you have undue stress in your life, or your head is in a bad place, best to reschedule.

The desert is a clean place, and very zen. Let it be the blank canvas, and your spirit be the paint.

Oh, and when you get back to Utah, don't tell the bishop what you've been up to. :)

luckly i dont have to return to utah i am moving back to az in three weeks. Gettit my good timeing ass the hell out from under the curtain of zion. I am starting over back home where i belong. this is why i am doing this i have the perfect opportunity to start fresh and would like to use it to rework things in my life that i am not happy with. as for safety i will have a "shadow walker" a sober mind to follow me around and make sure that i dont freak out but not interact with me at all unless absolutely necessary.

And the characters just keep getting fu@%ing weirder. Sorry, gotta call BS. If you want to get fooked up, cool. But don't put this spiritual BS on it. I knew a guy from AZ. During the 60's, he used to take peyote enemas. He said it was too bitter even when mixed with honey.

THANK YOU DWAIN !!! an enema is an awsome idea way more effective!!!

as for the spirituality aspect it is not bull****. drugs dont have to be destructive and only for recreational purposes, if well planed i believe it will be a verry constructive experiance.

PS. i have a feeling i am going to end up naked !! I will have a good time doing it. at least a better time than going to church. even with the vomiting.

I think it might be interesting reading if you post the experience somewhere, maybe a blog; be sure to post a link here so we can read all about it. Regards, GF.

Or even twitter... Those could be some interesting tweets.

Enjoy and the idea of a shadow walker is cool. I've shroomed 5-6 times and only had a bad experience once that took 2 hours to recover from. Every other time it's been a great time. I couldn't imagine trying peyote as a first hallucinogen but more power to you if your mind can handle it. Enjoy.

luckly i dont have to return to utah i am moving back to az in three weeks. Gettit my good timeing ass the hell out from under the curtain of zion. I am starting over back home where i belong. this is why i am doing this i have the perfect opportunity to start fresh and would like to use it to rework things in my life that i am not happy with. as for safety i will have a "shadow walker" a sober mind to follow me around and make sure that i dont freak out but not interact with me at all unless absolutely necessary.

If you want to get a fresh start I would suggest you stop using all drugs and probably even drinking - forever.

have fun with the violent vomiting and sweats. you should do shrooms before you jump into peyote. :fro:

I've never had vomiting when I was one mescaline, only when I extracted it. I've heard people saying they get ill briefly but have never experienced that personally.

Enjoy your quest dude! You can learn alot from that substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back