Possible kegerator fridge found?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcaustin

Reaction score
Hey everybody that's made a kegerator....

Search on craigslist just now, I found the following fridge.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/for/232944411.html

It is a 4.9 cubic foot fridge, but does have a freezer in the top (not sure if I could take it out or not), but I emailed the guy and asked him to send me the brand and model number if he knows it.

EDITED to Add: He replied back that it's a Danby, Model: DCR412BLS

What do you all think?? He's asking for offers on it.

Austin

Mine is the same one except it is an all- fridge unit- no freezer section. With some tinkering, it could still work. That freezer section is basically a cooling unit shaped into a U. If you CAREFULLY bent it down so that it wraps from the sides to the back, you could fit your cornies in there. But there is a chance you could break the coolant line in doing that. So that is a chance you'd have to take. Also it looks like you'd have to move the thermostat. that part's not so tricky. You'll also have to take out the beverage trays on the door and trim away the plastic that holds the wire shelving. I've seen those units on sale at Target for $99 brand new, so if you decide to go for it keep that in mind when putting in your offer. Good luck.

Edit: the freezerless ones sell for anywhere from $150-$175

Back