Portland Microbrewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peoplesbrewingcoop

Reaction score
I am traveling to Portland from June 25 for a few days for an evolution conference. Since this is Portland and they have so many microbreweries I suspect I will end up drinking more beer than talking about evolution, that is if I drink too much. :tank:

I heard there are over 30 microbreweries in Portland but I am not sure if I could go to all of them. I will be staying near the Oregon Convention Center and Google Maps shows many around the hotel.

To those that have gone or live in Portland, what are the 5 best microbreweries and/or brewpubs in Portland?

Thanks!

1. Hopworks, try the cask-aged ipa. It is amazing.
2. Upright Brewing- oyster stout!
3. Deschutes brewpub- like 30 beers on tap, the old faves on tap like black butte porter, but they experiment like a mad-scientist beer lab, if you are there in Sept. the hoptrip fresh hop ale is not to be missed.
4. Rogue- what can I say? Try it all!
5. I might suggest a number of options here but I think you may enjoy Gustav's, not a brewery but amazing German beer...like 10 imported German beers on tap (the biggest
selection on the west coast)...fondue and Warsteiner dunkel...heaven.

1. Hopworks, try the cask-aged ipa. It is amazing.
2. Upright Brewing- oyster stout!
3. Deschutes brewpub- like 30 beers on tap, the old faves on tap like black butte porter, but they experiment like a mad-scientist beer lab, if you are there in Sept. the hoptrip fresh hop ale is not to be missed.
4. Rogue- what can I say? Try it all!
5. I might suggest a number of options here but I think you may enjoy Gustav's, not a brewery but amazing German beer...like 10 imported German beers on tap (the biggest
selection on the west coast)...fondue and Warsteiner dunkel...heaven.

Thanks I will hit those up. I will only be in Portland for a few days but I plan to go to try as many Portland brews as possible. The science conference offered a field trip to the Rogue hop farm but it would mean an extra day in Portland and I have to get back to work :( That would have been cool. I hear they will not start tours until August.

I would recommend going to the Horse Brass pub. That way you can try beers from many breweries. Hopworks is also good.

You lucked out, that event is always the last weekend in June. I missed it this year, had a higher priority activity. The organic brewers have really improved their beers in the past five years.

I agree, the organic brewfest was great. Did you make it to any other local pubs? I was going to recommend one of my personal favorites, Alameda, but you'll have to note that for your next visit now ;)

I hope you enjoyed it. If you were staying by the convention center, did you make it Amnesia? I really enjoy their beers. Alameda is another one of my favorites. Us local folks always like to hear a run down of where you actually went to, and what you thought of it.

Latest posts

Back