Popped top

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least it's in the shower, right?

It might be okay. There's positive pressure rising out of there, so hopefully it created kind of a draft that kept bad stuff out. Just wait it out and see what happens. (You cleaned and sanitized the lid before replacing it, right?)

Oh - and Fermcap-S and a blowoff tube are lifesavers.

Well... I should have cleaned and sanitized. Unfortunately I was already running around like a headless chicken. I just slapped it back in place.

Ok. I've read enough and have now experienced enough. Blow off tube FTW.

Still think it's worth giving it time...? Would be hard to poor this out. Smells so good!!!

Chances are it will be fine, especially if you don't have any fruit flies hanging out in your bathroom :) (see link below for some reassurance). Blow off tube is the way to go in the future. Also, I'm thinking you might be fermenting on the warm side? That might be a bigger concern.

open fermentation

Chances are it will be fine, especially if you don't have any fruit flies hanging out in your bathroom :) (see link below for some reassurance). Blow off tube is the way to go in the future. Also, I'm thinking you might be fermenting on the warm side? That might be a bigger concern.

open fermentation

Yes. I was having it in a water bath. Room temp is 65-67, and starting with fresh cold water seems like the way to keep temps down. Had to remove water tub to use for other purposes. Will have to invest in a dedicate fermentation unit.

Thanks for the input!

If it's an English Ale, you're actually doing it to style- open fermentation. I'm sure you'll be alright- enjoy!

If it's an English Ale, you're actually doing it to style- open fermentation. I'm sure you'll be alright- enjoy!

Unfortunately it's a porter. I'm going to call it the poopy porter since it's open in the bathroom.

Back