Plugging keezer holes for future taps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cardwookie

Reaction score
I've seen a picture of a keezer with holes plugged for future expansion. I'm going to build a keezer and I want to drill all the holes for faucets now, but I don't have the money to buy all the faucets now. What can I put in the holes now that will make it look nice while I save up more money?

i've ran into the same problem a week ago while building mine. it'll hold 5 kegs, but i want 4 taps...i only have 1 keg/tap right now. i ended up drilling a small 1/8" hole thru. where i wanted each one, then i took my wood boring bit, and for the ones i wasn't going to use right away, i went down to about 1/4" - 3/8" of my wood collar left and stopped. i drilled outside to in, so if it bust out, its on the inside of the keezer. i did plug the small 1/8" hole with some wood glue i had. it maynot look the best but once i have my next tap, its a small mess to clean up and really quick job.

Any particular reason you want to drill all the holes now? Seems like it would be easier to wait. No need for plugging, and if you change your mind about extra taps, you'll have no problem.

Try Lowes or HD they have plugs for those accessory holes in kitchen sinks (soap dispencer or spray nosil). This should work for you.

Latest posts

Back