Pleasure, Pride, and Fear. Also, a thank you for EdWort.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silviakitty

Reaction score
So a friend had a party for early St Pat's this evening, and I brought along my party pig of stout to share. It was kind of a test run; my friends are generally respectful people, but I don't know some of _their_ friends. I also brought over a bottle of EdWort's Apfelwein to share.

I find, to my pleasure, that respect was shown to the homebrew! There were compliments, people drank a glass or two, and nobody got trashed on it or wasted it. I was pleased. :)

As for the Pride: A houseguest of my friend asked what was in the party pig when I was first putting it in place. When he found out it was irish stout, he said something like "Man, I hoped it was something German." He had apparently lived in Frankfort for many years. I replied, "Apfelwein?" while holding up the bottle. I poured him a glass, and he said "Oh, man...this tastes like home. Where did you get it?" So thank you, EdWort; you made a guy in North Carolina very happy tonight. :)

And then the Fear: I get home, I unload my stuff, and I head toward the apartment. The Piggie slips its leash and hits the pavement, where it commences to roll away. I get it in the house finally and inspect it. There are scratches all over the surface, but there don't appear to be any cracks. I swear, it was horrible watching my stout roll away like that...

Congrats on passing your "test". My friends are mostly BMC drinkers that claim to not like the "heavy homemade" stuff. Funny, though, how when I take my coolerator on a camping trip filled with brown ale, it's gone the first night. Then I'm stuck with mooching their BMC the rest of the weekend.:cross:

Silviakitty said:
As for the Pride: A houseguest of my friend asked what was in the party pig when I was first putting it in place. When he found out it was irish stout, he said something like "Man, I hoped it was something German." He had apparently lived in Frankfort for many years. I replied, "Apfelwein?" while holding up the bottle. I poured him a glass, and he said "Oh, man...this tastes like home. Where did you get it?" So thank you, EdWort; you made a guy in North Carolina very happy tonight. :)
Very cool! Thanks! Lots of folks will categorize my Apfelwein as a dry cider and leave it at that, but folks visiting from Frankfurt, Germany will know exactly what it is.

I still have this in the fridge at home. I'm going to have to do a taste test soon.

PossmannBox.jpg

I hope the Party Pig is OK!

Back