Please delete.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was in Boy Scouts, we went to summer camp in the mountains in NC. US older boys went on a 55 mile hike that week but the younger kids went on a hike with llamas as pack animals. Well, one of the lamas ate some rhododendron and died. You know the saying 'Pack it in, pack it out'? Yeah turns out you can't bury a Llama in a national forest.

they used to bully my step-mom around real bad. the twins would push her around like a new kid (see what I did there?) in a mosh pit. she couldn't even go into the breeder billy's pen. that goaty bastige was a beard pisser and would charge my step-mom bad. he tried charging me once and I held the shovel in front of me and yelled at him real loud. the putrid stench of horrible floccin' beast still haunts me.

A bucket of ice water to the goats face as it charges is a good way to make it chill out.

WARNING

Goat
Cabra
• eighth of the signs of the Asian zodiac, used in Vietnam

A goat is a mammal that is closely related to a sheep and is frequently used as livestock (animals that are raised by people for the goods they produce). Goats are known for eating just about anything and are often used to clear out large areas of plants that people want to remove, such as blackberry plants. Goats are also very good jumpers and are often observed standing on top of objects (rocks, chairs, tree stumps). A Billy goat is a male goat that is still capable of reproducing (intact or not castrated). A baby goat is called a "kid." This emoji is silly, potentially foolish, stubborn and can smell bad.

And Billy, don't knock it until you try it! You just might find that you like it, or not.

:mug:

When I was in Boy Scouts, we went to summer camp in the mountains in NC. US older boys went on a 55 mile hike that week but the younger kids went on a hike with llamas as pack animals. Well, one of the lamas ate some rhododendron and died. You know the saying 'Pack it in, pack it out'? Yeah turns out you can't bury a Llama in a national forest.

we had a lot of choke cherries on my dads property. I spent a lot of time trying to clear areas for grazing.

when i was in boy scouts, we went to summer camp in the mountains in nc. Us older boys went on a 55 mile hike that week but the younger kids went on a hike with llamas as pack animals. Well, one of the lamas ate some rhododendron and died. You know the saying 'pack it in, pack it out'? Yeah turns out you can't bury a llama in a national forest.

l o l! I was in scouts, but nothing like that happened. However we did do winter survival camping on the app trail.

“Thirstily he set it to his lips, and as its cool refreshment began to soothe his throat, he thanked Heaven that in a world of much evil there was still so good a thing as ale.”
― Rafael Sabatini, Fortune's Fool

GoatMeme5.jpg

This is hilarious. My favorite post all time.

Edit... This post is like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife.

Well ya see, Norm, it’s like this… A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That’s why you always feel smarter after a few beers.
- Cliff Clavin, of Cheers

"There was this little guy sitting in a bar, drinking his beer, minding his own business when all of a sudden this great big dude comes in and -- WHACK!! -- knocks him off the bar stool and onto the floor. The big dude says, "That was a karate chop from China. The little guy thinks "GEEZ" but he gets back up on the stool and starts drinking again when all of a sudden -- WHACK!! -- the big dude knocks him down AGAIN and says, "That was a judo chop from Japan." So the little guy has had enough of this... He gets up, brushes himself off and quietly leaves. The little guy is gone for an hour or so when he returned. Without saying a word, he walks up behind the big dude and -- WHAM!!!" -- knocks the big dude off his stool, knocking him out cold!!! The little guy looks at the bartender and says, "When he gets up, tell him that's a crowbar from Sears.""

Anybody remember VHS tapes? I was never kind, I did not rewind.

Oh, Edit To Add: :Goat:

How did video rental stores know if you didnt rewind the DVDs when you were through with them? Sometimes I watched them twice without rewinding before returning just to see if they would catch on. They never did.

Not necessarily. How do you feel about goats?

Well, I had the misfortune of going to Mexico Tijuana for a friends 18th birthday... is that worth anything?

If you see a tent off in the distance, just let it be... just let it be...:eek:

How did video rental stores know if you didnt rewind the DVDs when you were through with them? Sometimes I watched them twice without rewinding before returning just to see if they would catch on. They never did.

I don't honestly know. I just throw DVD's away after I watch them, can't figure out how to rewind. I like the new streaming video's though, they have that little bar at the bottom. Zip! Rewind!

Funny how all the video rental stores had 3-4 re-winder things behind the counter.
Soon you can add DVD's to the list of thinks kids ask about and never saw...

Kind of like saying "my phone was ringing off the hook". Kids these days may say it, but don't really know what that means. :confused:

I remember having my dad tell me that they were working on technology to send movies through the telephone line... and we wouldn't have to drive to the video store any more... that was 25+ years ago... and Blockbuster ruled with late fees.

I remember having my dad tell me that they were working on technology to send movies through the telephone line... and we wouldn't have to drive to the video store any more... that was 25+ years ago... and Blockbuster ruled with late fees.

And Blockbuster had the chance to buy Netflix for 50 million, what were they thinking? :cross:

Back