Please critique - Honey Biscuit Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffBham

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried to brew a Honey Biscuit PA? I was thinking of a grain bill of something like:
8-10# Maris Otter
1.5# Biscuit Malt
1.5# Honey Malt
.75 oz summit @ 20 min
.75 oz summit @10 min
.75 oz summit @ 0 min
(Alternative to summit could be cascade)
Mash around 155 or so.

I thought that this might be worth a try but I figured that someone else might have tried this....

Sounds interesting. I would cut the honey malt down to at maybe a pound. It goes a long way but I have used a pound in a honey rye ipa and I would say the 1 pound worked nicely. Other than that I'd say go for it.

If you were to use cascade, you may want to up the amount you use along with an earlier addition. Cascade is a lot lower alpha which you would get a lot less ibus. I'd say go with the summit.

it does really work, and it depends on taste. i use 1/2 lb of each, though, but if you want a REALLY strong sweet biscuit flavor, have at it

This sounds really interesting. Shorts Brewing has a beer that's supposed to be something like this concept called Mr. Biscuits and its delicious. Very interested in your results

Latest posts

Back