Pivoting Tower?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ego Archive

Reaction score
So I'm finally figuring out what I need to put my Keezer together, and I've hit upon an idea that *may* work, but I wanted other peoples thoughts.

I have a 4 tap tower, that I would like to use; but haven't found a short refrigerator that I could mount it on, that would house 4 kegs, so it has been sitting in my basement for awhile. At this point I have decided that I'm just going to go ahead and mount it on a smaller model freezer (probably a Magic Chef 7.2 cu. ft). The obvious issue that goes with this is if you try to open the Freezer, the tower will hit the wall behind it. So it occurred to me that the best way to deal with it may be to swing the tower forward, and secure it to the lid before lifting the lid up.

What I was contemplating would be to mount the front of the tower to the lid with a hinge, then secure the back of the tower with a pair of latches on the back. I'm thinking it would be best to make a wood square frame, and mount the tower (round base) onto a wood "trapdoor", for stability issues.

The last step would be to just figure out a way to secure (some sort of latch), the tower in the "down" position when I lift the lid. Obviously it would also require play in the hoses, to allow it to swing forward, but I think that would be manageable.

So, what are peoples thoughts on this? Any issues people can think of with doing this? More importantly has anyone seen this done, that they can point me to?

Sounds logical and do-able to me. Might be a pita but....I'm a big believer in the "make do with what you got" philosophy and you'll be more proud of your creation and love to show it off.....

Shouldn't be too hard to pull off. As far as securing it, I wouldn't worry about something snazzy, maybe just a bunge cord you can wrap around the tower and hook to the lip on the lid?

Latest posts

Back