Pittsburgh/Western PA Group Buy - Round 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dand9066 said:
If anyone is interested in a split or full sack of chocolate malt let me know. Someone placed an order for 2 sacks but only want 1. I'm not sure if I will be able to subtract a sack since the order has been submitted. No big deal either way

As well, I would go for .25 if you are unable to take it off the order.

ALL PAYPAL INFO RECEIVED.

Thanks for getting that info over to me quickly guys. There is a good bit of back end work but you guys are helping to make it as easy as possible. Again if I get the final quote from country malt today I will shoot invoices this weekend.

Payments would be due no later than 1 week after invoices are sent. I'll let you know when I get the quote. Keep checking the forum. The quicker I receive payment from you the quicker we get this order.

Items out of Stock:

BZ-DMUN - adamreef I could try to switch this with FB-DMUN which is averaged at a penny more a lb.

GW-PALE - mcgeebc I can switch this to CM-PALE which is cheaper.

GW-VIEN - bja & Trent_77590 I can switch with BD-VIEN which is $0.03/lb higher.

GW-VIEN (split) - dand9066 & kpr121 kpr I can switch with BD-VIEN if thats okay with you.

CAP SPLIT - dand9066, DMase, ButcherBoy, fredtheseal, hop_head76, Copyright1997, coyote68, & sinisterkid I will try to switch this to oxy absorbing caps and see if they have them in stock. These will be a few buck more per/k but still cheaper than LHBS. If they are out of these don't expect to see it on invoices.

DME SPLIT (2)- dand9066, PJM, fredtheseal, kpr121, Rloc, DMase, faithinchaos, Copyright1997, sinisterkid, & simonh I will try to switch this with 5748 Golden Light DME. If there are any issues about this let me know. If they don't have the Golden Lgt in stock I will omit it from invoices.

PLEASE EMAIL ME &/or POST TO HERE WITH COMMENTS ON THE OUT OF STOCK ITEMS

If someone drops out of the cap split because of the price increase, I would love to pick up a split. Waiting for the invoice!

:mug:

The out of stock items put a damper on getting the final quote. I was hoping to have them out this weekend but it looks like i'll get the quote Monday now.

If I don't reply to your emails or post don't think I didn't get your message! Not being mean I just don't want to reply everything.

I'm good with the cap and DME change. Sorry for the delayed response. I typically check this 10 times a day but I haven't felt well today.

Items out of Stock:

BZ-DMUN - adamreef I could try to switch this with FB-DMUN which is averaged at a penny more a lb.

GW-PALE - mcgeebc I can switch this to CM-PALE which is cheaper.

GW-VIEN (split) - dand9066 & kpr121 kpr I can switch with BD-VIEN if thats okay with you.

CAP SPLIT - dand9066, DMase, ButcherBoy, fredtheseal, hop_head76, Copyright1997, coyote68, & sinisterkid I will try to switch this to oxy absorbing caps and see if they have them in stock. These will be a few buck more per/k but still cheaper than LHBS. If they are out of these don't expect to see it on invoices.

DME SPLIT (2)- dand9066, PJM, fredtheseal, kpr121, Rloc, DMase, faithinchaos, Copyright1997, sinisterkid, & simonh I will try to switch this with 5748 Golden Light DME. If there are any issues about this let me know. If they don't have the Golden Lgt in stock I will omit it from invoices.

PLEASE EMAIL ME &/or POST TO HERE WITH COMMENTS ON THE OUT OF STOCK ITEMS

Just saw this, I also responded to your email, I am ok with the changes. (Sorry for the delay.)

If someone drops out of the cap split because of the price increase, I would love to pick up a split. Waiting for the invoice!

I'm happy getting my split (I'm in for 2000 caps), but if you are in desperate need I would let you take half in my place (i.e. 1/10 of the cap order).

Items out of Stock:

Not my stuff, but you might also go for the BZ-VIEN (Best Maltz) from Germany, you know, close to where they originated Vienna's. :) (I've gotten it and it is excellent.) (BZ-VIEN is .63 in my version of the catalog.)

dand9066 said:
Items out of Stock:

I just need to hear from you

I just ordered a barley crusher grain mill today, so I should be all ready to brew when this comes through!

Dand9066,

I replied to your text. It must have gotten lost.

I'll take gambrinus light Munich instead.

Thanks!

I did receive your text but lost it in the mix of other messages. Thank you.

I sent over the revised order to Bugman this morning.

Munich for Munich switch 1 sack
Vienna for Vienna switch 1 sack
Pale Ale for Maris Otter
Caps switch
DME switch

Subtracted one sack of Chocolate Malt.

I'm hoping I can shoot invoices out Wednesday night.

Thanks to everyone for paying close attention so I'm able to keep things moving.

Was just reading another group grain buy thread and they were having a hard time getting their grain ordered due to the fact that CMG had just upgraded or changed their ordering software and they were having issues with it. Hopefully we will not run into the same problem.

Was just reading another group grain buy thread and they were having a hard time getting their grain ordered due to the fact that CMG had just upgraded or changed their ordering software and they were having issues with it. Hopefully we will not run into the same problem.

I haven't checked other threads but they were pretty quick about turning around the order and let me know that there were items out of stock so I don't think we'll have to much of a problem. Maybe they are starting to make it a pain for home brewers that have grandfathered in accounts to order.

I'll keep you guys updated as I had said before. The out of stock items delayed where I thought we would be. As soon as I get the final quote I'll plug away at invoices. Thanks for your patience!

I'm on my phone right now but I did not hear back from but an abot the order. He did tell me that they will not sell the caps to him. Weird! But they will sell Briess. Now I'm just waiting on tomorrow to see if I get the final quote so I can start invoicing. After I receive all payments from you it's gonna take an additional 3-4 days to transfer to my account.

As I said before I'll keep you all up to date

I'm bummin about it. I figured the order would be placed by now and all payments would be received by this weekend. I'll call bug tomorrow and see where we're at. I'm trying not to bother him to much so we can use his account in the future but I'm trying too keep things moving. Anyways keep your eye on the forum.

FINAL QUOTE RECEIVED...

Expect to receive invoices tonight or tomorrow. I will do my best to get them out tonight after work but I make no promises.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Awesome. Will get you paid ASAP after receiving the invoice. Any idea how long it will take to receive shipment after you have actually placed the order and paid for it?

Awesome. Will get you paid ASAP after receiving the invoice. Any idea how long it will take to receive shipment after you have actually placed the order and paid for it?

From my understanding they have the order ready to ship but are just waiting for payment. As soon as I receive all payments and submit my card number it will ship. If its early morning most likely same day but if its afternoon probably next business day.

IF I receive payments by Monday; which is a stretch, I should be able to transfer it from paypal to my account and it be there by Thursday to submit payment to Country Malt. Get the order Next friday and pick up Saturday.

From my understanding they have the order ready to ship but are just waiting for payment. As soon as I receive all payments and submit my card number it will ship. If its early morning most likely same day but if its afternoon probably next business day.

IF I receive payments by Monday; which is a stretch, I should be able to transfer it from paypal to my account and it be there by Thursday to submit payment to Country Malt. Get the order Next friday and pick up Saturday.

They won't put the order together until they receive payment. Would you, and take a chance of the buyer backing out, then you have to restock all that grain?

The turn around should be quick either way. Its not going to take them more than a hour or two to put 127 pieces on 3 pallets.

Dand,

I just paid my invoice. Wyoohio will be picking my order up for me, just a heads up!

Here's to hoping everything goes through smoothly!

doubl3h3lix said:
Dand,

I just paid my invoice. Wyoohio will be picking my order up for me, just a heads up!

Here's to hoping everything goes through smoothly!

Yeop!
Let me know if doubl3h3lix needs to give/send me anything to pick his stuff up too.

I just sent the money. I was not able, or was too dumb to select send as gift. If i owe you a few more bucks just pm me and I'll get it to you right away

Yeah, I had the same thought about PayPal. Don't want you to get stuck with a service charge.

On another note, just realized I'm going to need to get a scale to weigh out these grains. Any suggestions?

I bought this a couple weeks ago. I'll bring an extra container to the pickup location to weight the grain in. It's accurate within .5 oz

image-3439758601.jpg

Back