pink beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KRYLOK

Reaction score
The old ball and chain wants a pink beer "NOT RED!" has anyone seen or made this? Don't say food coloring cause that makes it red. thanks

I'm actually a little surprised that big breweries don't do something like this for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Not disappointed, just surprised.

Anyway, good luck with your brew.

My wife and I brew an "off the wall" saison every summer. This past summer we got married and went to Egypt for the honeymoon. While there, we got the amazing idea of making our saison Egyptian inspired (Beat DFH to the punch!). We bought our additions from the Souks (markets) in Aswan and Luxor, Egypt. We brewed it with coriander, lemon grass, ginger, and hibiscus flowers.

The hibiscus flowers gave a pink hue and a light tart cranberry flavor. Turned out great! You can find dried hibiscus flowers at a middle eastern market. Good luck!

My pomegranate wheat is fairly pink/orange.

I used one gallon fresh squeezed pomegranate juice and 5 gal wheat beer together in the secondary. It was an extract wheat beer, so maybe not the best base beer, next time all grain wheat...

Magic Hat's Wacko is pink... i believe it is brewed with beets (well, likely a beet extract), which adds an interesting character to it

Right Brain made a "Beet Wheat" last year that was not too bad. It was a pretty good bright pink color. You could def taste something different in there, but it wasn't overpowering. IMO.

Radical Brewing has a recipe called Pink Menace Red Rice Pils that, you may have guessed, uses a red rice variety to get a pink color. I've never made it, though.

Back