Pin lock fitting question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggerk

Reaction score
Bone head question of the night...
Which fitting goes to which post?
That is, does the three pin fitting go to the gas in or the beer out? (and same question for the two pin)

thanks in advance!

kinison_fan said:
Easy way to remember:
2 -IN (2 letters)
3 -OUT (3 letters)
Thanks a lot!

Yeah, that makes sense now that I look at the lettering on the top of the fittings:
CG-G on the 2-pin (G=gas [I presume])
CG-L on the 3-pin (L=liquid)

Cheers! :mug:

If you ever forget, just pop the top off and see which connector has the beer tube going down to the bottom. It is possible to put the beer tube in the gas in hole.

sirsloop said:
If you ever forget, just pop the top off and see which connector has the beer tube going down to the bottom. It is possible to put the beer tube in the gas in hole.
I got a couple of pin-lock kegs (for free, so I can't complain.) My problem was when I took every thing apart to sanitize and replace seals/gaskets, I didn't pay attention to which pin-post went where.
When I got my CO2 tank and lines, I wasn't sure which connector fit to which post.

I also learned something else: One of the kegs was made by Cornelious and the other by Firestone. The tubes and pin-posts are NOT interchangeable. For example, one of the beer tubes (the long one) is straight and the other has a bend. The bottoms of the kegs are different to account for the tubes.

Now I know!!! Thanks all!!!

Yeah... I do one post at a time for that reason. Also, sometimes the posts only like threading in on one specific point so you reduce the chance of cross threading.

Latest posts

Back