PID and simple automation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennihana

Reaction score
I have just moved from the States to Denmark and have plenty of time to dream up my new homebrewery, so what i am looking for is to go for an electric RIMS system and i am looking for a PID or a device that will control the temp and time at that temp for step mashes and mash outs. Anybody know of any thing and where to get them. They run a 230v 50 hz system over here.

thank you that seems to be exactly what i am looking for. does anybody know anything about that brand? is it worth the price or is there another one that does the same for less?

MyPin TA4 or TD4 from ebay should also work. You probably want one with an SSR output to control the power to the element. Check out the electric forum for control panel info.

MyPin TA4 or TD4 from ebay should also work. You probably want one with an SSR output to control the power to the element. Check out the electric forum for control panel info.

Not sure 100% but the TD4 is more of the match for most of the Aubers as it has manual control. The TA4 does not have manual control.
Someone will pobably correct me though! :D

Not familiar with the MyPin's but can you program the whole mash schedule into one and it will change temps for you like the Auber? That particular Auber can do a 30 steps.

Does anybody know if the Auber PID mentioned above can run 2 ssr's. with my set up i am going to have to run 2 different elements in the same kettle and i didnt know if the PID could run 2 ssr's off of the same output port or if the PID had 2 output ports?

All not very expensive PIDs have one "output port " for SSR to control temperature. But you can connect a few SSR to it. You can also run two ore more elements connected to one SSR.

What is yor element power rating?

Bause of the new electrial system that i have to get used to, i want to run a 2000w and a 1500w element. along with this i will be running my pump off of the same power line as the 1500w line. The reason for this is over here they run a 230v power grid and from what i can see the outlets are all breakered at 10 amp unless specially wired for a dishwasher or washing machine which then generally run a 16 amp breaker. I want both the elements running at the same for quick heating purposes, and then i will have a switch and potentiometer for independent use.
I will have to run two different input powers to my control box for the elements which would be on two different outlets from two different breaker lines here. but that is the easy part since there is an outlet like every 6 ft here. Inside the control box the power would be run to the appropriate elements, i would just like the PID to control the ssr's at the same time.

thanks that will save me a lot of stress knowing these options everyone has given me.

Back