Picked up a 10 foot kegerator at a local auction for $70.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neal O'Baily

Reaction score
Hey there. Not meant to be a brag, but I picked up a huge bar kegerator. It is old but it works. Does anyone know the best way to clean/polish stainless steel? Also, I think the inside is aluminum and is quite corroded, is there a certain cleaner I need to buy? Other than disassembling the posts and faucets and ensuring they are working/replacing the beer lines is there anything I should look out for?
20190428_152758.jpg

Hey there. Not meant to be a brag, but I picked up a huge bar kegerator. It is old but it works. Does anyone know the best way to clean/polish stainless steel? Also, I think the inside is aluminum and is quite corroded, is there a certain cleaner I need to buy? Other than disassembling the posts and faucets and ensuring they are working/replacing the beer lines is there anything I should look out for?View attachment 624570
Man and I was proud of picking mine up for 700 a few years ago. Nice score! Get yourself some bar keepers friend itll clean up real easy. Sounds like you're on the right track on replacing the lines and cleaning the faucets [emoji482]

Man and I was proud of picking mine up for 700 a few years ago. Nice score! Get yourself some bar keepers friend itll clean up real easy. Sounds like you're on the right track on replacing the lines and cleaning the faucets [emoji482]
Picked up some Bar Keepers Friend last night. Gonna give it the ole spit shine tonight.

Man that thing takes up a lot of space but $70 is crazy cheap
Funny you say that cause my wife said the same thing. She saw it, her eyes got big, she says "wow, it's a lot bigger than it was in the pictures". I said "yeah, but I got it for $70". She says "it stays in the garage or in the shed". I said "DEAL"

+1 on Bar Keepers Friend. Work it to a paste, sometimes I think it works best after letting I sit for a minute after making a paste. Also weiman stainless steel cleaner (I use the wipes) clean / polish my appliances well. Probably a good last step if you want to give that a try. But like I said- good finish, no abrasives in it.

Latest posts

Back