Perlick 650SS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iijakii

Reaction score
Has anyone done some good experimentation on these and what kind of tubings lengths it can make up for? I saw a post awhile back with a guy using a 650SS and the flow turned half way, and getting the same perfect amount of foam with 3ft as he does with a standard faucet and 12ft. I've also seen someone using an adapter and mounting it straight to the keg post and claiming his pours weren't all foam.

Can anyone else chime in on using no-or-little tubing with a flow-controlled faucet?

With a 0.5-1.0m beerline (3/8") I get maybe an inch or two of foam on the first pour and it is fine after that.
I can live with the minor loss over having coils of line. The decreased surface area for infection is enough of a benefit.
I have the flow control just less than halfway usually.

I have two 650ss on two different pressures (9.5 and 11) on 6' of tube.

I pour the beer the same way for both sides: flow turned way down low and the slowly crank it up until I'm getting a beer flow that I expect from a normal calculated pour rate. It doesn't take much longer to pour from a constricted valve. If i over carbonate a beer by excessive levels of volumes, no matter how slowly I pour I can not defeat the foam. Therefore some length of line is useful. I would under carbonate if I used a shorter line. I may try using only 1' for experimental purposes but I'm quite happy with the tap flow compensation at 6'.
Good luck!

Thanks for the input. Probably be a bit before I build a new kegerator but I'll go with these and use as little of line as I can get away with.

Latest posts

Back