Perlick 650SS with Bev-Seal Ultra 235 line - how many feet per keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILMSTMF

Reaction score
Side-note, I laughed at how autocorrect changed Perlick to "per lick" lol on to business.

My keezer is finally coming together. When I started buying the parts a couple years ago, I started with four Perlick 650SS flow control taps and 36' of Bev-Seal Ultra 235 line. I suppose when I put the order together, I had the impression that 9' of line per keg would be enough. Is it?

FWIW, I'm using John Guest adapters to connect the line to shank and QD. I also have the right angle adapter for the shank:

https://www.ritebrew.com/product-p/843485.htm

Thank you very much!

Line Length depends on the temperature and PSI you will be pushing the beer out at.

Also note that Bev-Seal line is glass-lined and has less friction than regular vynil hose, so you will need more. You can start out with a longer line and cut away until you find the length that works for you.

Personally, I think I started out with like 16 feet and started to trim it until I got the flow-foam I wanted.

@FVillatoro Thank you for that info! Even with the flow control taps I should consider starting as long as 16' per line? I had the impression that these taps would allow for shorter lines...
This all being very new to me, probably will keep freezer set to 45F and CO2 at 9psi. Sound like a good plan? thanks!

I never used flow-control taps, so unfortunately I can't advice on that.
You can try 9psi at that temp and see how you like the carbonation - you might want more or less.
Once you find the c02 volume you like then can start cutting line length if it flows too slow.

It's easier to start long and finish at the correct size vs starting too short and wasting several feet of line.

Happy brewing!

Also note that Bev-Seal line is glass-lined and has less friction than regular vynil hose
It's not "glass" lined, but as close to glass as one can come using polymers. It's PET from what I've gathered.

To the OP, I use 18' per tap of that Bev-Seal Ultra 235 line with non-flow control Perlick 525SS taps. Temp is 44-46°F under 12 psi. It's probably overkill, but I don't get a glass of foam even if the keg is a little over-carbonated from force carbonation. NO, I don't use set and forget, I want to drink my beer as fresh as possible, from Milds and ESBs to hoppy American beers all the way to hop-drenched NEIPAs. At $0.35 a foot, it's not a large expense.

You may be able to use much less line length with your flow controls. But I would reconsider using 9 psi with corny kegs. I've lost quite a bit of CO2 whenever I went under 10 psi.

I have Intertap FC taps with the bev seal ultra lines. JG fittings are a must for these lines. My keezer is set at 35 degrees with a 2 degree swing. Beer pours between 38 and 40 degrees. I also have one fan circulating but it's not enough.
As for line length, I run 15' lengths and have no issues with foam. Regulator is set at 15 psi.
Depending how long of a run you have 15-20' per tap would be sufficient.

Last edited:
Back