Perlick 575 with nitrogen?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 40839

Reaction score
So I'm plotting my keezer, and amassing parts, after getting blessings from SWMBO. Hooray! My plan is to (fairly) closely follow the fantastic build I found on wort-o-matic making a four tap pass-through tower. Nice and straightforward.

Thing is, I like stouts. I'm Irish, for feck sake! So I'm contemplating having one of the four taps be on nitrogen as a dedicated stout setup.

My question is if anyone has used a standard Perlick using nitrogen? To the best of my knowledge, the only difference between a standard faucet, and ye olde stout faucet is the diffuser disc. Well, that and a stout faucet being triple the price.

So I'm plotting my keezer, and amassing parts, after getting blessings from SWMBO. Hooray! My plan is to (fairly) closely follow the fantastic build I found on wort-o-matic making a four tap pass-through tower. Nice and straightforward.

Thing is, I like stouts. I'm Irish, for feck sake! So I'm contemplating having one of the four taps be on nitrogen as a dedicated stout setup.

My question is if anyone has used a standard Perlick using nitrogen? To the best of my knowledge, the only difference between a standard faucet, and ye olde stout faucet is the diffuser disc. Well, that and a stout faucet being triple the price.

1 Stout faucet on Nitrogen (gas blend) and 2 creamers on CO2.... doing a LOT of reading on line (this forum) and vendor websites. I'll try and post what I find if it sounds like it will help you out.
:tank:

The creamer faucet will duplicate a creamy head only, not the creaminess of the entire beer. It's that restrictor plate and the ridiculously high pressure of the nitrogen that does that. I believe nitrogen is served at 25-30psi where CO is usually around 8-14

You need the restriction plate in the Stout faucet paired with the Nitrogen/CO2 mix so the high pressure doesn't overcarbonate the beer. I've seen people get a half-ass "Nitro pour" by other means, but it's really just not the same. I love my setup. I have 2 Stout faucets on Nitro/CO2 mix. Extra Stout and Irish Red. The pour is awesome. I've tried getting a video of it but the lighting in the room sucks, as does my camera. I'll get it some time.

I got 2 Guinness faucets, handle and everything, for $50 shipped each on ebay. I suggest checking ebay frequently.

Back