Paticulates in my bottle but not in my beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanaDana

Reaction score
I had made a clone of the winning ESB recipe from Zymurgy a few months ago. After some initial worry about clarity, it cleared up fine. After pulling a few bottles to bring to friends I saw that the bottle all seemed to have some yeast particles or something attached to the side of all 4 bottles I pulled. I am VERY anal about my bottle sanitation and cleaning and even put saran wrap over the top after I dry them so no dust comes in. Anyways....I saw the bottle and was like "aw damn, it's going to be hazy" I poured the beer and its fantastically clear! It happened with all of them.
This is the first beer that I had stuff cling to the bottles though, so not sure what this may be. Any ideas? Beer tastes great so it't not infected.

That's just the rest of the yeast and proteins that drop out when chilled. Any bottle conditioned beer will have these (even commercial ones). Totally normal.

Back