Outdoor Kitchen Plus Brewstation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZenFitness

Reaction score
My wife and I have been looking high and low for a city we'd like to move to (i.e. mindset plus city, etc.) and have eventually settled on staying where we are and improving our existing house instead of moving. Off topic, but it leads to my point...

One of our improvements will be a better outdoor living space including a grill station/mini-kitchen. What I am curious about is if I can somehow include a gas line (to eliminate propane tank usage for homebrewing) and perhaps even go so far as to create a station to start setting up more sophisticated brewing equipment. Right now I use coolers, 10 gallon stainless steel kettle, and a turkey fryer. I'd like to look into a HERMS system and/or other more precise equipment choices ending up hopefully keeping everything in a system that transfers liquids from a HLT to a stainless mash tun to a boil kettle and out to a carboy/fermentor. My guess is that the pumps, etc., would be enclosed in a cabinet with the kettles on top which can be removed, etc.

Has anyone done anything like this before, or can someone point me to a link with a similar setup? I'd like to find a starting point to start researching this.

Thank you!!

I am currently doing something similar. I made my brewstand, but with no real place to store it, I decided to make it a permanent outdoor structure. It is about 5 feet long, with propane burners on either side, and I keep my cooler I. The center.

It is still a work in progress as most of the time it is still below freezing. However it is functional enough to use as is.

I started out with your typical single tier welded steel frame. I then attached Hardie Backer cement board to the sides. I will do a stone facade with mortar when the weather warms. I have a set of stainless steel doors from an old grill I saved that will go on the front. This is where I will access pumps, hoses, and switches, water lines, chiller, etc. there is a removable top to keep everything dry.

I currently have everything stored in tool boxes to transport in and out for now. It will be much nicer once I can leave everything just connected, and only have to remove the kettles/tun/hlt.

As for running a NG line outside, that is something any licensed plumbing contractor can do. If you are somewhat handy, you can probably do it yourself. Don't forget to add power and lights while you are at it.

I

Back