Ordering Perlicks, have shank question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EuBrew

Reaction score
I'm ordering 3 Perlick 425ss faucets today and I wanted to check about shank sizing before pulling the trigger. I currently have 3/16 ID line on my sankey coupler liquid side. Will it be a bad thing if I get 1/4" bore shanks? I want to go stainless on all components and my favorite vendor only has the 1/4 bore stainless shanks. Will going from 3/16 liquid line to 1/4 shank cause me lots of headaches?

Not exactly sure if I understand your question, but the shank doesn't come with a tail piece you have to add that seperate, and as I'm putting my order together I keep thinking of additional problems that could come up. I only have one keg now and I will be plumbing for 3. The one I have is a sankey so I'll need to order parts for ball/pin corny's. I think I'm just going to order all 1/4" components and swap everything when I rebuild the kegerator from 1 tap to 3. Brain is not working today!!

^^^ My brain isnt either apparently... i forgot that some shanks internal diameter is also measured... woops..

1/4" will provide less resistance, so you may want to extend the length of your lines to balance them for the correct pressure.

I am running 3/16 line, with 1/4 stainless shanks, and barbs. It works great.

Yeah, I just did the math on balancing my lines and I'd need like 17' runs for my beer line if I go with 1/4" line so scrap that! I need to let the morning wear off before I place me order me thinks.

Thanks shroomz! Awesome looking dogs, I have a white and a fawn boxer myself, best dogs EVER!

I know I've seen the 3/16 shanks somewhere but I'd like to consolidate my order with one vendor so I'm going with the 1/4 shank and 3/16 lines and connections.

Brew On!!

I just went through this:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/kegging-3-16-liquid-line-1-4-shanks-tails-193367/

I never found any shanks that were 3/16 and everyone seemed to agree no prob with 1/4 shanks.

I'm ordering 3 Perlick 425ss faucets today and I wanted to check about shank sizing before pulling the trigger. I currently have 3/16 ID line on my sankey coupler liquid side. Will it be a bad thing if I get 1/4" bore shanks? I want to go stainless on all components and my favorite vendor only has the 1/4 bore stainless shanks. Will going from 3/16 liquid line to 1/4 shank cause me lots of headaches?

Are you by chance ordering from Northern Brewer? I had the exact same question myself when I started building my kegerator, but don't worry. It fits just fine.

Back