Orange blossom honey - where to find?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yellowirenut

Reaction score
I will be brewing a Saison or a Bière de Garde at the end of this month. Many of the recipes I have seen call for Orange blossom honey.
Is there a difference in taste from clover honey? (going to assume yes)
Locally I am only able to find small bottles for an exorbitant price.
Is there a certain brand that is best and available on line?

I was thinking this
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0045GX6J2/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
please understand that Indiana does not produce oranges so you will not be able to find locally produced orange blossom. that being said you might try the following website. I am not sure where you are in Indiana but look on the site and make some inquires. They might be able to part with a gallon. if you cant find something in Indiana then i am sure there are suppliers in Wisconsin that has orange blossom (the name escapes me). I am sure they have that information on the website also.

http://www.honey.com/honey-locator/find/state/indiana

Clover is like 2 row. its not very tasty and is the generic form of honey. OB tastes like oranges, blueberry blossom tastes like blueberry, clover is made in a field of clovers, and so on.

Orange blossom would give you a more distinctive flavor than clover honey, I believe. In terms of a brand of orange blossom honey I'm not so sure (orange blossom honey is everywhere where I live with a lot of people selling their own stuff). I haven't come across any "bad" orange blossom honey though.

I'm surprised your local grocery store doesn't carry this. Most if not all the local big chain grocery stores have several different kinds of honey on the shelf including orange blossom. I'm not saying it's cheap....but honey usually ain't cheap anyway.

dillons grocery stores sell it so I would think their parent store Kroger and what ever other stores they have would . Also there is a place in florida i forget the name that sells pure honey

just as a side note. I would be very careful when buying clover. read the label carefully....There is honey out there that claims to be clover, but is actually yellow colored sugar syrup from china. usually the cheaper brand names that is found in the grocery stores have this.

I'm surprised your local grocery store doesn't carry this. Most if not all the local big chain grocery stores have several different kinds of honey on the shelf including orange blossom. I'm not saying it's cheap....but honey usually ain't cheap anyway.

me too.. I did find some It was a 4 oz bottle for $6:eek:
A 16oz bottle of clover honey is only $4. Clover/ alfalfa fields are plentiful in the state though. Used for livestock feed.

Also I was never expecting to find locally produced orange blossom honey, Just someplace local that would sell 1lb packages.
will check the links given above...thanks guys.

Back