Ontario/Québec Hop growers and breeders

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apimyces

Hop breeder
Reaction score
I started growing hops from seeds last year and should start getting my first batch of cones (and seeds) this year. I know there's at least one other home hop breeder in Québec which I started trading with, wondering if anyone else is growing hops from seeds (or wild hops) in the general area? Or even in the rest of Canada (seeds are easy to ship).

Also wondering if anyone local would like some (either cones or plants) to brew with. :D :mug:

Salut salut!
Lochaber.... that it damn close to L'ange-gardien where I live ;)
I am now at my second year with my Cascade...... let's see if I get something better than last year!

Yea, I think we talked a bit already with private messages. :p

I've got a bunch of new seeds waiting to germinate. If you want to go off the beaten path and try some untested F1s, lemme know. :p

I've got 2 females and 1 male from another guy, 7 unsexed plants that might flower for the first time this year that I grew from unknown seeds (purchased), and a tray of seeds waiting to germinate from a British dwarf hop. Gonna have to make some more room for all of these!

Haven't brewed with anything fresh yet. But I'd love to give it a go.

Anyone have a specialty malt connect from ON/QC?

I have used some Centennial like hops that my brother gave me (it was homegrown by his step brother). I used the buds after it was frozen for about 8 months. I used it in my attempt to the cream ale of the tricrops from Biermuncher.

It tastes amazing. I'd be interested by some hops to brew with. I also know that there is some malting co. in the Québec Province.

Put fresh cones from one of my seedlings in glasses of mead in the fall, tasted delicious. Nice vigorous plant, too. :)

Back