office pranks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
change the clocks.
pee in a corona bottle.
change the salt for sugar.
order a triple anchovie pizza with sausage for the vegetarian conference.
post on here that you're just going to drink miller fromn now on.

jmendez29 said:
If you know anyone who can't type without looking, swap the M and N keys.

Someone I work with did that to one of the bosses a couple of weeks ago. It took him and the IT department 2 hours to figure out why the couldn't get logged in. Awesome

Too late for this year, but check out Think Geek.com for something called the "Annoyatron". Or maybe it's the "Eviltron"...

And try not to giggle too loud when your coworkers spend the whole day hunting for that strange beep that they think they hear at random times....

I tend to opt for the childish and harmless.

I call it "sticky mouse". Put a piece of taped wrapped so all sides are sticky to the bottom of their mouse and stick it to their mouse pad. They figure it out quickly and no actual harm is done. I do this about once a week to random people in my office.

Too late for this year, but check out Think Geek.com for something called the "Annoyatron". Or maybe it's the "Eviltron"...

And try not to giggle too loud when your coworkers spend the whole day hunting for that strange beep that they think they hear at random times....

I friend used that a few years ago, put it under a file cabinat so it would be too hard to move. It is such a high piched noise that you can't figure out where its coming from caused the guy in the next cubicle to loose thier mind. My friend had to to fess up eventually so the guy wouldn't snap and get fired.

If you know anyone who can't type without looking, swap the M and N keys.

That reminded me of a joke I played on my office manager a few years ago.

She types by touch and it took her 2 weeks to notice:

65c31879.jpg

Can anybody guess what her name is? (hint: look at the bottom line of letters)

Also, look at where the j,k,l should be :)

:D:DOMG I've been reading their website. Those people are sick!:D:D

But, as good as the annoy-a-tron sounds, this one takes the cake:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/ae83/

I can think of all the people I could have driven insane with it...:D:rockin:

Last year I hooked up a yard sprinkler over another techs bay, it was connected to the water spigot from one of the roof coolers, it rained in his bay all day.

The girls here at work came in early this morning and basically destroyed the boss' office. When I say destroyed, they wrapped every single one of his books/binders with wrapping paper, taped pictures to the computer monitor, wrapped both office chairs, telephone, and other stuff with packaging tape, dumped three hole punch remnants in every one of his drawers, replaced pictures of his dogs with a picture of Katy Perry, etc etc. It was pretty funny. He is still cleaning out the hole punches. Good thing he has a sense of humor, I wouldnt have taken it so well. Especially when the one girl refused to help clean up because its "Friday".

That reminded me of a joke I played on my office manager a few years ago.

She types by touch and it took her 2 weeks to notice:

65c31879.jpg

Can anybody guess what her name is? (hint: look at the bottom line of letters)

Also, look at where the j,k,l should be :)

I'm pretty sure I can guess her name from the little card that says "GERMANY / BEEF GOULASH / Lisa"

hit ctrl-alt-(down arrow) on their keyboard when they are logged in but not looking.

Oh, SWEET! I'ma do this while everyone is out to lunch and blame a virus!!

EDIT: Worked on my Windows 2000, but not on the XP machine... Didn't find that out until I called a guy at my wife's work and asked if he would do this to her computer.

Oh, SWEET! I'ma do this while everyone is out to lunch and blame a virus!!

EDIT: Worked on my Windows 2000, but not on the XP machine... Didn't find that out until I called a guy at my wife's work and asked if he would do this to her computer.

Weird, works on the XP machines here.

Below is not my picture but it looked extremely similar. Bought the same model # keyboard off eBay - $8 and some chia seends - $6. Took me about a week to grow them to the levels I believed were hilarious. Got to work early and swapped coworkers' out for the chia-fied one. :)

funny-chia-pet-keyboard.jpg

and this site has some great easy pranks to do to other peoples computers. I highly recommend 'Clippy'. Just save the file to a thumb drive, get to your coworkers computer when they are not looking, double-click the file and your done. I can't recommend this one enough... It was awesome.

The old Clippy from MS Word comes up randomly and flashes messages to them like...
# It appears you are connected to the Internet.
# I see that you have been using your mouse.
# Your computer seems to be turned on.
# It looks like your keyboard is working correctly.
# Your productivity has been decreasing lately. I hope everything is ok.
# Sometimes I just popup for no particular reason, like now.

http://www.rjlpranks.com/pranks/clippy/

other pranks:
http://www.rjlpranks.com/pranks/

I've only used Clippy and 'The Finger'. The Finger randomly changes your mouse into a middle finger and then quickly changes back. lol. Took my coworker awhile to even realize what was going on...

:mug:

Below is not my picture but it looked extremely similar. Bought the same model # keyboard off eBay - $8 and some chia seends - $6. Took me about a week to grow them to the levels I believed were hilarious. Got to work early and swapped coworkers' out for the chia-fied one. :)

funny-chia-pet-keyboard.jpg

Too funny! I have a few spare keyboards that I could donate to the cause!

^^ Haha. I thought there was comedy in itself that for a week I got home and watered my Chia Keyboard. :)

Here's one.

Hit the print screen button on someone's bare background with no programs open.
go to ms paint click edit then paste
Then take all the icons from their desktop and move them to a newly created folder and name it something different.
In paint click file and choose set as background centered

Now when they click on their shortcuts they will do nothing.

You can also remove the my computer, network, etc. icons too to really givem a fit

The clippy program flags as a virus. Too bad. I can't go through the trouble of turning off the on-access scanner just to play a prank on someone. Or could I?? ;)

go into their auto correct settings in Word. I changed a guys settings so that every time he typed "and, to , the" some 4 letter word would come out. He never proof read is emails for a few days management thought he had turrets.

go into their auto correct settings in Word. I changed a guys settings so that every time he typed "and, to , the" some 4 letter word would come out. He never proof read is emails for a few days management thought he had turrets.

I did that at boarding school to my roommate. I thought it was hilarious, but then he never proofread his paper and got in serious trouble. It was a paper on some book, and I made it so the author's name was changed to "that *****" and the title of the book to "that piece of **** the teacher assigned," among others.

On particular co-worker and I had a raging prank war going so I did this to him.
He left for lunch in a hurry one day and forgot to log out. I went to windows settings for display properties and created a new profile. All black. I changed everything to black. When he got back from lunch and tried to wake his computer up nothing happened that you could see. He needed to call the IT dept and they were messing with it all afternoon.
They were about to reload windows on his computer and I told them what I did, the IT guy thought that was a cool prank but wasn't too happy! Eventually they got things worked out. I wouldn't recommend this prank to anyone that you could get in trouble from though.:mug:

Latest posts

Back