Off color in Sediment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TechyDork

Dork of all Tech
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was racking my Rasp Wheat from the primary to the secondary after 14 days, and noticed a large amount of granular thingies in it that had a slight gray/green tint to them, but it could have been my eyes playing tricks on me (i was drinking my 2nd Arrogant Bastard at the time:mug:). I hadn't noticed this before in any of my other brews. I tasted the sample i pulled for a gravity reading and it tasted ok so i am not terribly worried, i just want to make sure that my sanitation practices are up to snuff. has anyone else experienced this? i tried to take a pic but the color did not come through. I used WL heffe yeast and fermentation was at 64-66 room temp, don't have access to the full recipe at work.

thanks,

Suspended yeast. Or hop pellet residue. Not an infection.

Suspended yeast. Or hop pellet residue. Not an infection.

actually now that i think about it i did use pellets for the first time in this one. so that does make sense.

Shavings from the rasp?

Nope, i used rasp extract and just added that to the secondary. the idea of it being hop pellet resedue makes sense to me, i just wasn't thinking of that.

thank you both for clearing up the worries of a rookie brewer,

i guess like the saying goes
RDWHAHB

:drunk:

Latest posts

Back