Ocean Spray Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amonratut

Reaction score
Has anyone had any success making wine from Ocean Spray juices? If so, what flavors did you use and which ones turned out the best?

For an easy, delicious wine, I use two (2) 64 oz. bottles of Ocean Spray juice - pick your favorite flavor, the end result is almost always a light-tasting wine. It still has flavors of the label's promises (peach, cherry, cranberry, etc.), but unless you're using a blend that is specifically otherwise, you're using grape concentrates with other various fruit concentrates.

Again, they've always turned out tasty when I've used them. My more wine-snobbish friends actually prefer these wines, as they taste more like "real wine" to them - likely due to the presence of grape concentrate, which will ferment more like "real wine." Ironically, one of the wines I made from an Ocean Spray juice won Double Gold and Best Fruit wine at our state fair. So, definitely worth trying.

Back