Obnoxious March Madness 2012 Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rifraf

Reaction score
I grew up a Kentucky fan (Dad went there) but ended up at Duke, making me probably the only the person in the country who roots for both (too young to remember The Shot). Wish I could say my Devils have a chance this year but I have Kentucky winning it against Kansas!

Don't see the 'Cuse in New Orleans this year, but think Izzo's got a real shot.

Anyone else care to predict?

Joined thanks! Posted another thread about starting one of these...I'll quote your link in it.

I bleed Green and White. Love the Spartans story this year - from unranked and really low expectations, to a #1 seed. Unbelievable. In Izzo I trust

GO GREEN!

davekippen said:
I bleed Green and White. Love the Spartans story this year - from unranked and really low expectations, to a #1 seed. Unbelievable. In Izzo I trust

GO GREEN!

Other than K, there is no other coach I respect in the game more than Izzo..class act and he can flat out coach.

Other than K, there is no other coach I respect in the game more than Izzo..class act and he can flat out coach.

Couldnt agree more. Both are in a class of their own. Love March Madness, its my favorite time of the year for sure. Looks like I am "bracket guy" this year - im up to 5 money brackets :mug:

Going to have to join this bracket. Too bad UTSA got knocked out in their tourney and Texas Tech took a complete shizzah on themselves this year.

Gotta agree with Izzo, but I can't stand Coach K. I couldn't tell you why, but just can't stand watching Duke or K do anything.

It hurts to say this, but go Jayhawks?

logo_marq.gif

Its all about the DUKIES BABY! Cuse has ZERO shot this year, can't wait to watch em get whooped
Edit: Speaking of good coaches, K, Izzo, Calaparie mostly for outstanding recruiting, Frank Martin cause hes a tank...But can't believe the hype Boeheim gets for being such a good coach...I know they'll never get rid of him but replace him with any of the other top coaches and they win a lot more than one national championship.

I was in Lexington at a buddies apartment during "The Shot" and all I can say is an otherwise raucous evening suddenly got really quiet. I can still picture it. The problem with UK fans is they expect championships. So does everyone else, right?

As an IU fan, our 2012 version was almost as good. I don't think those UK freshman are going to hang a banner. That look on Anthony Davis's face after losing to Vandy - you will see it again.

DLite I heart you...our beloved Hoosiers beating (finally) those badgers. I hope you are right.

I spent the night driving through traffic (traffic lights out due to March storm) to get home to find out IU VCU game only on cable. Mad dash to BW3. Hot as heck and full of UK fans. Hoosiers pull it out and the rematch is set for Friday!

UL, UK, IU in sweet 16...can you say 'Center of College Basketball Universe'?

DLite I heart you...our beloved Hoosiers beating (finally) those badgers. I hope you are right.

I spent the night driving through traffic (traffic lights out due to March storm) to get home to find out IU VCU game only on cable. Mad dash to BW3. Hot as heck and full of UK fans. Hoosiers pull it out and the rematch is set for Friday!

UL, UK, IU in sweet 16...can you say 'Center of College Basketball Universe'?

Somebody had to go way out on a limb. They have the team to do it, it'll be interesting to see what team shows up for the remainder of the tourney.

I've got Mich. St taking the cake in my other bracket!

Well, was happy at the Marquette game (you guys have great fans, BTW, VERY classy).

Then bought tickets to the Elite 8 and went against Louisville. Not sure if it was just the fans near us, but man they were some serious A-holes. The whole time we were winning they were cussing, booing, and shouting at us (fans). Then when they pulled ahead to win, they acted like colossal ass hats. "You never had a chance." "Have a fun trip back @$$ holes" etc... etc...

I held my cool except for one especially obnoxious dude.

To him I replied; "Hey man, in the future, when you win... act like you've been there before." That's a lesson my old football coach taught us about sportsmanship. "Son, if you find the endzone, hand the ref the ball, and act like you've been there before. No showboating."

Oh well, we still had a blast.

I suppose I have to go for UK now as the only SEC team in the hunt...

sfrisby said:
Congrats. Next year all entrants should have to send a homebrew to the winner. Why did we not think of that at the beginning?

I like this idea

Back