Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where do you get your information from? The toilet store?

You were right that NOW is calling for his resignation, but not just for the Rice incident but all domestic violence cases that have happened in the NFL without punishment. Yes, this incident is the one that made them vocal about domestic violence in the NFL, but could they really ask for his resignation when such an issue wasnt taking the media by storm? Since Goodell has been the commissioner, there have been a countless number of players who have been charged with domestic violence. Wanna guess what a majority of there punishments from the NFL were? Not a damn thing. First Take this morning had the numbers and it was shocking. Certainly not something that any of us would have thought or typically hear about from the NFL. Around 50 or so cases where the NFL did not pass down any punishment to players who were charged with domestic violence against a woman. This is an issue that has been going on, even before Goodell, but one that has not been handled correctly at all. Nothing has been done to try and stop domestic violence, until they banned Rice. NOW isnt in the wrong here trying to figure out why so many domestic violence cases have just been looked over by the NFL.

But that's my point exactly. I understand their argument, and they're doing their damdest to make it clear that this isn't just about Rice - but the fact that they did it immediately after the Ray Rice video came to light, and not immediately after the Ray Rice slap on the wrist for what obviously came before certainly makes it look like they're responding in exactly the same manner as every other jackhole that Cape and Bluemoose are biching about.

Are they right that the NFL, and maybe Goodell specifically, have a problem? Yeah. Should they have probably, considering it's their whole reason for being and all that, spoken up a little sooner, rather than looking like just another reactionary idjit with a pitchfork? Signs indicate yes...

Thank you Strat... Exactly.

Where Tf have these people been? All of a sudden there is a media storm over something that, in relative terms, is freakin minor... then everyone comes out of the wood work??

Wayyyyyy too convenient and contrived

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew because it impresses people

But that's my point exactly. I understand their argument, and they're doing their damdest to make it clear that this isn't just about Rice - but the fact that they did it immediately after the Ray Rice video came to light, and not immediately after the Ray Rice slap on the wrist for what obviously came before certainly makes it look like they're responding in exactly the same manner as every other jackhole that Cape and Bluemoose are biching about.

Are they right that the NFL, and maybe Goodell specifically, have a problem? Yeah. Should they have probably, considering it's their whole reason for being and all that, spoken up a little sooner, rather than looking like just another reactionary idjit with a pitchfork? Signs indicate yes...

They do it now because its the perfect time to plead their case. This video has everyone talking about how terrible domestic violence is because now everyone CAN SEE for themselves what they normally cant imagine someone (especially a sports celebrity) doing. I agree with you and Cape that the media frenzy over this is getting unreal. For NOW though, you have to strike when the iron is hot and, in this case, when the people are emotional.

For instance, when have most of us ever heard about NOW before this incident? When was the president of NOW ever interviewed on Sports Center or any other major TV show before? Even though the frenzy is ridiculous, for NOW its working to show America that this happens in every aspect of our society, more than most would like to believe.

They do it now because its the perfect time to plead their case. This video has everyone talking about how terrible domestic violence is because now everyone CAN SEE for themselves what they normally cant imagine someone (especially a sports celebrity) doing. I agree with you and Cape that the media frenzy over this is getting unreal. For NOW though, you have to strike when the iron is hot and the people are emotional.

For instance, when have most of us ever heard about NOW before this incident? When was the president of NOW ever interviewed on Sports Center or any other major TV show before? Even though the frenzy is ridiculous, for NOW its working to show America that this happens in every aspect of our society, more than most would like to believe.

I would interview her if she showed me her boobs.

Pre-game analyst just said he doesn't believe in domestic violence like it's the Easter bunny or something. Um, I'm pretty it exists you a-hole.

Oh that's fukced up.

Sounds there's some history there? Did you shart in your porch couch during an exotic Brady dream? And your kids had breakfast there the next day? I bet you never told them. You're a terrible person.

They do it now because its the perfect time to plead their case. This video has everyone talking about how terrible domestic violence is because now everyone CAN SEE for themselves what they normally cant imagine someone (especially a sports celebrity) doing.

Has anybody actually watched this video? Because I did and I could have sworn I saw her take two swings at Rice, once in the lobby and once in the elevator. Yeah, he spit at her, but it looks to me like they were arguing and who the hell knows what she said? First punch looked to be an immediate instinctual reaction to being hit and the second, after he backed up, because she was coming at him with her arm cocked back ready to take another swing.

Sorry, but domestic violence is the guy beating up on a girl, who can't or refuses to fight back, for whatever reason. This looks to me like a woman who started something she couldn't finish.

tl;dr - Gender equality and Darwinism in action

Pre-game anal....

You said anal...... huh uh huh

index.jpg

I don't know about starting something she couldn't finish, but she didn't strike me as someone who had every been beaten by him. I won't dispute the absolute rampant sexism however. Nor will I deny the irony of the people "defending" the victim by victimizing her further. Still though, the escalation level of his counterpunch was extreme. Too bad he didn't hit the hole like that on the field anymore.

Has anybody actually watched this video? Because I did and I could have sworn I saw her take two swings at Rice, once in the lobby and once in the elevator. Yeah, he spit at her, but it looks to me like they were arguing and who the hell knows what she said? First punch looked to be an immediate instinctual reaction to being hit and the second, after he backed up, because she was coming at him with her arm cocked back ready to take another swing.

Sorry, but domestic violence is the guy beating up on a girl, who can't or refuses to fight back, for whatever reason. This looks to me like a woman who started something she couldn't finish.

tl;dr - Gender equality and Darwinism in action

WTF? Is this really your argument. She started it so she deserved to get knocked out? PKY

First of all, you never hit a woman. Second, you really think a star running back in the NFL cant take a few punches from a woman? That is just plain bilge. This may be the dumbest thing that has been posted here, which really sets the bar high. I say again man, WTF?

First of all, you never hit a woman.

Sorry, but if somebody comes at me they can look forward to a trip to the ICU, whatever their gender may be. Maybe my world view is shaped by watching my **** of a mother do everything short of killing her SO (not without trying) at the time and then crying to the cops, but I have NO sympathy for women who pull the victim card unless they're attacked without provocation.

Second, you really think a star running back in the NFL cant take a few punches from a woman?

You know how easy it is to kill somebody with a single strike? It takes no more strength than a 10 year old can muster, I assure you. Going after somebody, even with your fists, is flat out unacceptable no matter the gender and if you do then you deserve the jail time or ass beating that will be delivered to you.

Sorry, but if somebody comes at me they can look forward to a trip to the ICU, whatever their gender may be. Maybe my world view is shaped by watching my **** of a mother do everything short of killing her SO (not without trying) at the time and then crying to the cops, but I have NO sympathy for women who pull the victim card unless they're attacked without provocation.

You know how easy it is to kill somebody with a single strike? It takes no more strength than a 10 year old can muster, I assure you. Going after somebody, even with your fists, is flat out unacceptable no matter the gender and if you do then you deserve the jail time or ass beating that will be delivered to you.

You sir, are f***ed in the head.

Back