Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more 'bag of dicks' reference and the offender is permanently banned and this thread closed. One more complaint about the moderation, same story. I asked nicely last night, now there are no more warnings.

If you have a complaint about my moderating, you may contact me via PM or you may also bring it to TxBrew.

Seriously guys - we've managed to keep this thread going with little or no need of intervention from the mods for how long?

Let's drag this thing back on topic, and all discuss how much better a team the Pats are than yours.

Edit: for the record, this is a criticism of the schmucks giving Pappers grief here, and not directed at him!

So, honest question here:

I know, from reading a few Pats blogs and hearing from a few other Pats fans here, most fans feel like the Pats have taken a much larger number of penalties on kicking plays than in past years - holds, illegal block in the back, that kind of thing. And I seem to have noticed more of these being called in other games I've watched too, but I'm not sure how biased I am based on how many I've seen the Pats draw.

So - are other folks noticing an increase in these calls this year across the league? I don't remember this being made a point of emphasis or anything, but I'm really starting to feel like most teams would benefit from just fair-catching punts and calling it a day.

Yea. Let Paps get some sleep and we shouldn't need a babysitter.

How about those Bears tho! Greatest Team Of The milllanaWeek. Now that Jay Cutler is dominating, like usual, there's no limit.

It's definitely not just the Pats, and if it isn't an official "point of emphasis" then the zebras took it upon themselves to make a defacto one.

And as far as I'm concerned, the Pats should fair catch every punt outside the 11 and let the rest bounce. Definitely don't want to see our slot receivers running back punts anymore, and the guys they've been using lately can't catch the ball unless they call fair catch.

Call-back penalties or fumbles, either way an actual run back is hardly worth the effort...

Cheers!

I know, from reading a few Pats blogs and hearing from a few other Pats fans here, most fans feel like the Pats have taken a much larger number of penalties on kicking plays than in past years - holds, illegal block in the back, that kind of thing. And I seem to have noticed more of these being called in other games I've watched too, but I'm not sure how biased I am based on how many I've seen the Pats draw.

So - are other folks noticing an increase in these calls this year across the league? I don't remember this being made a point of emphasis or anything, but I'm really starting to feel like most teams would benefit from just fair-catching punts and calling it a day.

Honest question here.

I know from watching NFL games over the last decade that any time Tom Brady is nudged in the pocket by the other team that he falls on his vagina and screams for a roughing the passer flag. He gets it about 190% of the time. There was also that time that Tommy Terrific fumbled in the playoffs but the refs gave the Pats the ball back with some bs about a "Tuck Rule".

So - are other folks noticing that everyone seems to hate the Pats and their whinny fans who ***** about special team flags when their team is 11-2 on the season?

Seriously, I find it sad that you can't enjoy your team's success without fixating on some stupid perceived slight. You're going to get zero pity from anyone on this.

Darwin is right about Pats fans. The lack of self awareness is astonishing. Worst fans ever, they constantly complain about non-issues, disrespect every other team and have seks with their cousins.

If it is allowed, that was a *****ie non-response to a clearly legitimate question.

Which makes you a ******.
Which is likely an upgrade...

Cheers! (so you got that going for you ;))

Erhem, let me try a non-*****ey answer then.

No. I watched the Pats-Texans game last night and I didn't notice any flags from the officials that seemed to indicate a conspiracy against the Pats (oh my lawd). What you're seeing is the effects of all the injuries that Pats have had. They're putting practice squad caliber players in meaningful roles - you have to expect some ****ty play. My suggestion is to just take the win and enjoy it. Once Tom Brady retires, you'll find yourself thinking why you couldn't just have enjoyed the wins because once Brady leaves that franchise is returning back to the dumpster it used to be.

Asking a serious question in here will get you sarcastic remarks (and most likely one dumb remark from Hoppy). You should know that by now lol

Honest question here.

I know from watching NFL games over the last decade that any time Tom Brady is nudged in the pocket by the other team that he falls on his vagina and screams for a roughing the passer flag. He gets it about 190% of the time. There was also that time that Tommy Terrific fumbled in the playoffs but the refs gave the Pats the ball back with some bs about a "Tuck Rule".

So - are other folks noticing that everyone seems to hate the Pats and their whinny fans who ***** about special team flags when their team is 11-2 on the season?

Seriously, I find it sad that you can't enjoy your team's success without fixating on some stupid perceived slight. You're going to get zero pity from anyone on this.

It is funny you are calling Pats fans whinny...reread your post and let us know who is whining lol

Darwin is right about Pats fans. The lack of self awareness is astonishing. Worst fans ever, they constantly complain about non-issues, disrespect every other team and have seks with their cousins.

And there is Hoppy's dumb comment.

Erhem, let me try a non-*****ey answer then.

No. I watched the Pats-Texans game last night and I didn't notice any flags from the officials that seemed to indicate a conspiracy against the Pats (oh my lawd). What you're seeing is the effects of all the injuries that Pats have had. They're putting practice squad caliber players in meaningful roles - you have to expect some ****ty play. My suggestion is to just take the win and enjoy it. Once Tom Brady retires, you'll find yourself thinking why you couldn't just have enjoyed the wins because once Brady leaves that franchise is returning back to the dumpster it used to be.

Dude.

Let me re-iterate, since you're clearly trying to put some words in my mouth.

I never said anything about a conspiracy about the Pats.

I said I had noticed an increase in a certain type of call, and I was curious if other folks had noticed similar in other games. I'm just curious if I'm biased (because maybe, trash talking hat off for a sec, my team is consistently making some bad plays on punts and getting legit calls against them here), or if officials are calling Punt plays more tightly than they had in past years. Genuine curiosity here.

Dude.

Let me re-iterate, since you're clearly trying to put some words in my mouth.

I never said anything about a conspiracy about the Pats.

I said I had noticed an increase in a certain type of call, and I was curious if other folks had noticed similar in other games. I'm just curious if I'm biased (because maybe, trash talking hat off for a sec, my team is consistently making some bad plays on punts and getting legit calls against them here), or if officials are calling Punt plays more tightly than they had in past years. Genuine curiosity here.

Honestly, no I'm not seeing an increase in flags on special teams for the Pats in the games that I've watched. If you're noticing an increase it's likely because of all the injuries that have resulted in inexperienced players being put into roles they're not accustomed to. A lot of flags on punt plays are bonehead mistakes (blocks in the back, etc.) that usually dumb players or inexperienced players make when they're used to the speed of the game or lose their head in the moment.

The Pats are still dominant with their field goal kicking unit. I wouldn't be too concerned unless you start seeing that unit being impacted by penalties. This stuff though that any coach, especially the Dark Lord himself, should be able to coach.

Honestly, no I'm not seeing an increase in flags on special teams for the Pats in the games that I've watched.

Still struggling with reading comprehension, are we? Should've expected no less from a fanbase who cheers because they can manage to spell their team's name...

I'm not asking specifically about flags on Pats special teams. I'm asking, in general, about flags on special teams plays, regardless of team.

Is that clear enough? Dear lord...

So.... football. Wow! Good game. I enjoy! Much playing. So scoring!

3dDoge.gif

I honestly believe the rise in flags and especially injuries is somehow associated with the CBA that changed the allowed contact practices just recently. The players are probably not respecting the speed and putting themselves in bad position. Like last night: Clowney's a beast but he was trying to make one arm tackles. Great way to snap a bicep. No wonder why he's always injured. Coaching about contact.

Championship level team problems: "I'm worried about flags on special teams, not just on my team but around the league!"

Dumpster fire team problems: "My team's starting QB got punched in the mouth over a $200 plane ticket and our best defensive players was arrested driving 200 mph, with a child, and a bag of pot. Oh, and Ryan Fitzpatrick is a few TDs away from setting the franchise record - how ****ing bad has our quarterback play been? "

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much bitching being done by so many pats fans about so little unfair flags."

hey, churchill said it, not me.

Still struggling with reading comprehension, are we? Should've expected no less from a fanbase who cheers because they can manage to spell their team's name...

I'm not asking specifically about flags on Pats special teams. I'm asking, in general, about flags on special teams plays, regardless of team.

Is that clear enough? Dear lord...

What? This is what you wrote:

Where exactly did you mention ANY other team besides the Pats there? Dear Lord, can you be a just a little more revisionist? PLLLLEEEEASE.

What? This is what you wrote:

Actually, that is what you read.

Here is what he wrote - and I've highlighted the expression that you apparently missed:

"I know, from reading a few Pats blogs and hearing from a few other Pats fans here, most fans feel like the Pats have taken a much larger number of penalties on kicking plays than in past years - holds, illegal block in the back, that kind of thing. And I seem to have noticed more of these being called in other games I've watched too, but I'm not sure how biased I am based on how many I've seen the Pats draw."

Where exactly did you mention ANY other team besides the Pats there? Dear Lord, can you be a just a little more revisionist? PLLLLEEEEASE.

So, could you be less obtuse?

Cheers! ;)

Back